New Restaurant Food Delivery Service

joe1912

has anyone else tried the new food delivery service chefxp.com

I tried them last night and they were pretty good, the price is significantly cheaper than other services as they dont charge any delivery charge or markup on the eat in menu price of the restaurant/bar.

They seem to be launching at the moment as there were tons of menus at my condo yesterday.

Their website leaves much to be desired. If you click the benefits window it opens a predefined sized window and you can't see all of the text (and you can't make it full screen). All that it leaves you with is the annoying audio.

Also, what is the reason having CLOSED next to restaurant names on the menu page?

Yep, tried them last night and what more can I say??? Better to pay 435 baht for a meal than 850 anyday!!! Their prices are amazing. I see they have the usual delivery ppl on their usual bikes. The restaurant selection are plenty. . . I don't play that much golf but I am quite sure that giving a handicap to someone that doesn't really need it doesn't give merit to the game. . . after all, its a gentlemen's game from Scotland right? So lets leave the 'on par' part out of the equation and let the maths and food speak for itself . . . if you can't subtract 435 away from 850, then I will throw in a calculator for you!!! Happy eating everyone cos I know who to order from now on. . . . sorry folks (if I hurt your feelings)

• 4 months later...

I was in bangkok this weekend and tried chefxp much better then food by phone .I think in the future they will put food by phone out of the picture unless they change there program to compete with the prices..The price difference was by 30%.The same will happen in pattaya a new service just opened and there out marketing the other service by far.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in bangkok this weekend and tried chefxp much better then food by phone .I think in the future they will put food by phone out of the picture unless they change there program to compete with the prices..The price difference was by 30%.The same will happen in pattaya a new service just opened and there out marketing the other service by far.

Whats the new service called in Pattaya?

I was trying to use ChefXP for the first time the other day. I was ordering Mexican just for me the total bill came to $420 baht. I was later contacted and told that there was a minimum order of $500 baht on food, and that I had to key in a new order that would go over this limit. The customer service attendant also acknowledged that there was no information about this on the website. Has anyone else had this experience??? Was this just for the one restaurant that I was trying to order from?? I ended up going with somebody else as I really couldn’t be bothered with it all, but am thinking I might give them another try, just want to know exactly what the minimum orders are...

they dont charge any delivery charge or markup on the eat in menu price of the restaurant/bar.

. . . . so how do they make any profit??

That's a good question.

In fact, they DO charge 60 baht per delivery; it says so right on your receipt. However, the markup is still even less than that of FoodByPhone (I even have a FBP VIP card).

BFD!

• 9 months later...
So much better, faster and cheaper than foodbyphone.

I'm only using chefxp now.

yup i agree.... started out with foodbyphone but have switched to chefxps as after ordering the same food from the same restaurant, chefxps is indeed cheaper. Only thing is menu in both website from the same restaurant are actually different.... also some food items in FBP are actually cheaper than chefXPS although majority are still cheaper at CXP. usually once i have decided what to order, i will key in my order on both sites and will just order from the cheaper ones. and CXP comes out cheaper most of the time