60 Year Olds Should All Fade Away

Gravelrash

Just read the reviews of the Led Zeppelin concert in London where Plant is 59, Page 62 and Jones 61. Where does the time go? Apparently were brilliant, tight and energetic, an amazing concert by all reports. Wish they would do Bangkok before it is too late.

Look at the Rolling Stones, similar thing. If these guys can belt out their 2 hour set with energy and confidence, where does that leave the guys that just love to bash the 50+ group in Thailand for having the audacity to have younger wives?

Maybe there is life after 50? :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the Rolling Stones, similar thing. If these guys can belt out their 2 hour set with energy and confidence, where does that leave the guys that just love to bash the 50+ group in Thailand for having the audacity to have younger wives?

there's only one thing keeping keith richards alive & kicking - pure rock'n'roll. :o

"Look at the Rolling Stones, similar thing. If these guys can belt out their 2 hour set with energy and confidence, where does that leave the guys that just love to bash the 50+ group in Thailand for having the audacity to have younger wives?"

That is not a pretty image you just put in my mind. Ewww...

Just read the reviews of the Led Zeppelin concert in London where Plant is 59, Page 62 and Jones 61. Where does the time go? Apparently were brilliant, tight and energetic, an amazing concert by all reports. Wish they would do Bangkok before it is too late.

There is a very big difference between the Stones and that other group you mentioned. The Stones had some talent and released some decent records. The other group had none and didn't.

Q: What do you call it when Led Zep's drummer dies?

A: A Good start!

Just to keep it related to Thailand (like it won't be "disappeared" anyway), did either of them have album covers featuring the band sitting on the tracks in Makkasan?

Well I don't have a much younger spouse. However at almost 52 I hope there is life after 50. :D

Mosha, I can assure you that there is a lot of the good life after 50 and at age 66 years young, I think I know some of the secrets. The secret for me is that everyday I work out an hour at the gym , swim an hour in the pool, play two hours of sports, and spend 1/2 hour laughing on the TV forum. Oh I forgot the most important which is spending the rest of my time with my much younger wonderful Thai wife enjoying this great life . :o

There is a very big difference between the Stones and that other group you mentioned. The Stones had some talent and released some decent records. The other group had none and didn't.

Just to keep it related to Thailand (like it won't be "disappeared" anyway), did either of them have album covers featuring the band sitting on the tracks in Makkasan?

Let's see now, going year by year since Zep's inception till Bonham died compared to the Stones since Brian Jones kicked in a swimming pool. OK a year by year compare of releases 1969-1979, both groups' primes.

1969:

Stones Beggar's Banquet (12/68 release) Platinum

Led Zeppelin I 8X Platinum

Stones Let It Bleed 2X Platinum

Led Zeppelin II 12X Platinum!

1970:

Stones nothing released, creativity breakdown

Led Zeppelin III 6X platinum

1971:

Stones Sticky Fingers 3X platinum

Led Zeppelin IV 23X platinum!!

Stones Exile 3X platinum

zep creativity breakdown no release

Stones Goats head soup 3X plat

zep - houses of the holy 11X plat

Stones its only rock n roll plat (lame release)

zep no release is better than lame, see above

Stones no release

Zep Physical Graffiti 16X plat!!!

Stones Black and Blue Plat (good release)

Zep no release

Stones none

Zep Presence 3X plat

stones some girls 6x plat

zep none

stones none

zep in thru the out door 6X plat

The public made their statement that during these 2 group's primes, zep was far and above superior to the stones. the only records the stones have sold well are compilations; this means there's a whole lot of junk stones recordings out there. zep is far more streamlined with rare waste products kicking about. Zep's LPs II, IV and Physical Graffiti blow away any LP the stones ever put out, this is indisputable

Always remember the first time I saw the Stones...Uk tour in think 1966....Yeaa man... :D

Brian Jones was of course still there and on the bill supporting them was Jeff Beck and the Yardbirds followed by Ike and Tina Turner....'River Deep Mountain High'...Classic.......admission was ...75 p..... :D

That would be the Last Time .......Maybeee the last Time ...I dont knooooooooo..... :o

The public made their statement that during these 2 group's primes, zep was far and above superior to the stones. the only records the stones have sold well are compilations

Interesting... I bought only one Stones LP (Aftermath) but have all their singles on the compilation set "The London Years". But I did buy 3 Led Zep LPs - 1, 2 & 3 (2 being my favourite).

I love the Stones and LZ cut some nice tracks that I have enjoyed through the years. But my favorite group...live...is AC/DC. Sure Brian Johnson's voice sounds like a bagful of cats fighting, but they can rock. Angus Young is the best guitarist who ever lived. The only problem with listening to any music any more is that I have to turn it up a few screws because me hearin' ain't what it used to be. Feel sorry for the neighbors.

Hello Sonny.......youngster that probably thinks rap (actually spelled crap) is music.........back in the Stone Age one of the most popular rock groups on the planet was LZ. I saw them in the 70s.........it was one of the most fantastic concerts I have ever seen. They had and probably still have more talent than 99% of the so-called "rock stars" of the present. They were innovative.........I remember the lead guitarist dressed up as a wizard, pulling out a violin bow, hitting and stroking his guitar with it, and playing some of the most unusual music I had ever heard......nobody could touch him at that time.

All the great groups mentioned above were my favorites. (Except BCR!) All a little different, but very special.

Comparing greatness to greatness, to try to put one down, is a little ridiculous.

If you preferred only one of them, then it is just your own personal taste. It does not belittle the others.

Steppenwolf sang, "It's never too late, to start all over again." So, go buy some Stones, some Dylan, some Lead Zep, maybe a Frank Zappa or Neil Young or Stone Pilots or please, some Guns N' Roses, and discover what you missed.

Don't forget Cat Stevens, The Eagles and Blind Faith from the 70s, The (early) Cure, Smiths and REM from the 80s, Nirvana from the 90s and Lucinda Williams, Iris Dement, Richard Shindell and Patty Griffin right now!

Comparing greatness to greatness, to try to put one down, is a little ridiculous.

If you preferred only one of them, then it is just your own personal taste. It does not belittle the others.

Sorry, but in reality, as good as the other bands were, the Beatles outshined them all and will be remembered far in the future when the others are mostly forgotten.

Here Comes the Sun! :o

Come back to the forum when you've (1) gotten yourself a smidgen of musical knowledge and (2) an appreciation of one of most influential rock groups to come out of the UK in the 20th century.

Sorry, but in reality, as good as the other bands were, the Beatles outshined them all and will be remembered far in the future when the others are mostly forgotten.

Here Comes the Sun! :o

Well, if we are going to open it up to a variety of musical genres, then you have to include the great black blues singers and R&B groups of the late 50's and 60's, who had such an influence on the Beatles and Elvis Presley. Leadbelly, John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley (perhaps the most influential of his time), Albert Collins, B.B. King, Albert King, Blind Mellon Jefferson, Etta James, James Cotton and then Buddy Guy, Chuck Berry and Sam Cooke and Jackie Wilson. And then of course Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations and the Four Tops. All great artists and so many of them are gone now. And not a lot of people outside the southern USA are familiar with "funk" music, which was in its prime in the late 70's and 80's. Still remains my favorite dancing music because when you hear funk being played, you can't stand still.

Edited by farang prince