60 Year Olds Should All Fade Away

Gravelrash

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The (un)Official Thaivisa review Compilation :o

Comparing the Stones to LZ (or even the Beatles)

They were each in their own class.

Would you compare Norah Jones to Eminem?

Apples.. Pears. All that.

They were all rock bands from the same era and all of them did heavy songs (Helter-Skelter, Sympathy for the Devil, Whole Lotta Love) as well as ballads (Stairway to Heaven, Ruby Tuesday, Yesterday). It is quite easy to compare them. :D

That is not a pretty image you just put in my mind. Ewww...

Cant believe this a'hole is still posting here.

Anyway guys, I have no idea who or what you are talking about, but don't fade away at 60.

My Mum and Dad are arriving next week, they are 67 and 70 respectively. They still have a thirst for life, and love to travel and experience new things. They have never been to Asia before, and I am well impressed with their sense of adventure. I don't think a 12 hour flight is so easy at that age.

I hope I am still living life to the max at that age, but not sure if I will make it that long.

Anyway, live it and love it, you have earned it (but leave the 21 year old girls alone).

Well I don't have a much younger spouse. However at almost 52 I hope there is life after 50. :D

Mosha, I can assure you that there is a lot of the good life after 50 and at age 66 years young, I think I know some of the secrets. The secret for me is that everyday I work out an hour at the gym , swim an hour in the pool, play two hours of sports, and spend 1/2 hour laughing on the TV forum. Oh I forgot the most important which is spending the rest of my time with my much younger wonderful Thai wife enjoying this great life . :o

May I take a moment to say that I am 64 and my Thai wife is 50 ,and I can assure you that age is 90% state of mind and 10% body atrophe. We both still work hard in our businesses and travel and enjoy a full and rewarding life. I think those that speak harshly of those that are 60-years and older with younger wives, should stop and and envision themselves at that age as that day will be upon them before they know it. Quote: VINI VIDI VICI :D

Well I don't have a much younger spouse. However at almost 52 I hope there is life after 50. :bah:

Mosha, I can assure you that there is a lot of the good life after 50 and at age 66 years young, I think I know some of the secrets. The secret for me is that everyday I work out an hour at the gym , swim an hour in the pool, play two hours of sports, and spend 1/2 hour laughing on the TV forum. Oh I forgot the most important which is spending the rest of my time with my much younger wonderful Thai wife enjoying this great life . :o

May I take a moment to say that I am 64 and my Thai wife is 50 ,and I can assure you that age is 90% state of mind and 10% body atrophe. We both still work hard in our businesses and travel and enjoy a full and rewarding life. I think those that speak harshly of those that are 60-years and older with younger wives, should stop and and envision themselves at that age as that day will be upon them before they know it. Quote: VINI VIDI VICI :bah:

Well said, ETC.

Note how selfish some young people are these days.

Think of themselves, not others.

Their time is coming, IF the live long enuff.

I am in my 60s and am loving it, no work, just play :D .

:D:D:D

Reading the posts from some of you guys that are a few (or even 20-30) years older then me, is very encouraging.

It kind of confirm what I always though. A few years older doesnt matter.

Have to agree with the posters that say it is kind of silly to compare all the different bands.

So many different styles.

Take the Beatles. Although I accept that the Beatles is one of the biggest bands in the history of pop/rock (because a lot of their songs were just soft pop), I never ever liked them.

I might one day buy one album containing 10-15 of their best songs. Thats it.

But it seems like they are one of the really big ones, in the history of rock.

One album I always bring with me, wherever I travel, is Back in Black with ACDC. Thats a real classic rock album for me.

Finally, I also agree with the member that didnt like to go to a concert watching the same guys 30 years later.

To me, it will never be the same.

Take the Beatles. Although I accept that the Beatles is one of the biggest bands in the history of pop/rock (because a lot of their songs were just soft pop), I never ever liked them.

If you grew up with the Beatles and saw what music was like before them and how much they changed it, you would have a better idea of what they mean to those of us that did. By the time you were born, they had been copied literally millions of times, so you have no clue as to how new and miraculous their songs were when they first came out and were completely unique.

Some other musicians had angels (and devils) as muses, but I honestly believe that God himself came down and hummed those tunes in the Beatles ears at night as they slept! :o

If you grew up with the Beatles and saw what music was like before them and how much they changed it, you would have a better idea of what they mean to those of us that did. By the time you were born, they had been copied literally millions of times, so you have no clue as to how new and miraculous their songs were when they first came out and were completely unique.

Some other musicians had angels (and devils) as muses, but I honestly believe that God himself came down and hummed those tunes in the Beatles ears at night as they slept! :o

Hey!

Please get down from your high horse, before you fall down and break your hip.

Im not 23 years old.

And I did NOT try to riddicule the Beatles.

I just stated the fact that many of the bands can not be compared, due to different styles.

And that even though I did not like them, I know and accept that they are among the greatest bands ever.

Ulysses is right, as usual. Some astronomically talented artists such as John Fogarty of Credence Clearwater Revival were never able to get to the top of the charts, because the Beatles were almost always at #1, #2, etc.

Sometimes, at #3, #4 and #5 as well!:

For the week ending April 4, 1964 The Beatles had 11 singles on the BILLBOARD Hot 100 chart, including the first top five slots:

· #1* - Can't Buy Me Love

· #2* - Twist and Shout

· #3* - She Loves You

· #4* - I Want To Hold Your Hand

· #5* - Please, Please Me

http://www.freewebs.com/stevemeyer/somepastarticles.htm

Happy days!

Some other musicians had angels (and devils) as muses, but I honestly believe that God himself came down and hummed those tunes in the Beatles ears at night as they slept! :D

Hey!

Im not 23 years old.

I just stated the fact that many of the bands can not be compared, due to different styles.

And that even though I did not like them, I know and accept that they are among the greatest bands ever.

Sorry, if you thought that I was being hostile. I wasn't.

I was just trying to explain why they are so important to those of us that literally grew up with them.

Remember that they started as teen idols and then continually changed and got better and better as their audience went through Elementary School, High School and University with their amazing songs as the soundtrack to a rapidly changing world. :o

Some other musicians had angels (and devils) as muses, but I honestly believe that God himself came down and hummed those tunes in the Beatles ears at night as they slept! :D

Hey!

Im not 23 years old.

Sorry, if you thought that I was being hostile. I wasn't.

I was just trying to explain why they are so important to those of us that literally grew up with them.

Remember that they started as teen idols and then continually changed and got better and better as their audience went through Elementary School, High School and University with their amazing songs as the soundtrack to a rapidly changing world. :o

Please accept my appologize for being too "touchy".

bst rgds

Sailor

Old rockers never Die they just dont fade away.................20 years on and ..

No bleeping for Pogues' Christmas hit song..BBC reverses decision following complaints

Reuters, With Files From Agence France-Presse (with thanks)

Shaun Curry, AFP, Getty ImagesThe Pogues with Shane MacGowan played at London's Brixton Academy yesterday. The band has a perennial Christmas favourite with Fairytale of New York, released 20 years ago with singer Kirsty MacColl.

LONDON - The BBC decided yesterday not to bleep out the word "faggot" from a Christmas hit after the mother of the singer branded the move to sanitize the song "ridiculous."

In Fairytale of New York, released 20 years ago by the Irish band the Pogues, featuring Kirsty MacColl, she sings, "You scumbag, you maggot/ You cheap lousy faggot."

BBC bosses decided to remove the word because it was offensive to some of their audience. But they backed down after Ms. MacColl's mother and hundreds of fans complained.

Andy Parfitt, controller of the public broadcaster's Radio 1, said the decision to edit the song was wrong.

"Radio 1 does not play homophobic lyrics or condone bullying of any kind," he said.

"It is not always easy to get this right, mindful of our responsibility to our young audience. The unedited version will be played from now on."

Mr. Parfitt said the song, a duet between Pogues front-man Shane MacGowan and Ms. MacColl, did not use the word with any "negative intent."

The song is a perennial favourite around Christmas and is battling for the lucrative No. 1 spot in the charts this year. It has also topped several Best Christmas Song polls.

Ms. MacColl died in December, 2000, when she was killed by a speedboat off the coast of Mexico.

Her mother Jean, speaking on the BBC Radio 5 Live program, called the ban "too ridiculous."

"As a parent, whatever age your child is, you have to guide them. You would say, 'Well, some people talk like this,' " she said.

"These are a couple of characters," she went on, referring to the characters in the song.

"Today, we have a lot of a gratuitous vulgarity and ... whatever from people all over, which I think is quite unnecessary. These are characters and they speak like that."

A spokeswoman for the band said they would be amused to hear about Radio 1's initial decision to edit the song.

"This song now goes with Christmas like the Queen's speech and mince pies, and all of a sudden it's offensive," she said.

"It strikes me as very odd and I'm sure the band will be very amused."

.........Yes ........................... :o

If Thailand's over 60s faded away, there mite be a better parliament.

Get rid of all the older conmen, scammimg fraudsters.

Let the younger, hopefully, honest hard working Thais take control.

That's a nice, optimistic thought on election day!

But as they don't play with speedboats (off Mexico OR Pattaya) or take much interest in bungee jumping, it's hard to see how they might be 'faded'.

Is "The Motorcycle Man from Pechabun" still in business? In CM there was an urban legend some 10 years back that he was the best and cheapest hit man in the land. His fortune was made because he was left handed, which meant he could ride the bike AND shoot accurately with his left hand, thus avoiding having to pay for a gunman on the back.

6,000b per hit, plus his petrol, was said to be the rate back then.

Anyone have his phone number??

If Thailand's over 60s faded away, there mite be a better parliament.

Get rid of all the older conmen, scammimg fraudsters.

Let the younger, hopefully, honest hard working Thais take control.

That's a nice, optimistic thought on election day!

But as they don't play with speedboats (off Mexico OR Pattaya) or take much interest in bungee jumping, it's hard to see how they might be 'faded'.

Is "The Motorcycle Man from Pechabun" still in business? In CM there was an urban legend some 10 years back that he was the best and cheapest hit man in the land. His fortune was made because he was left handed, which meant he could ride the bike AND shoot accurately with his left hand, thus avoiding having to pay for a gunman on the back.

6,000b per hit, plus his petrol, was said to be the rate back then.

Anyone have his phone number??

Ya hit the nail on the head.

Great idea....... PMPL

118 killed, 1,254 injured in road accidents over past 2 days ipsmenu.register( "post-member-1733843", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' );

From "The Nation"

BANGKOK, Dec 30 (TNA) --

A total of 707 road accidents took place in Thailand on Saturday, resulting in 85 deaths and 776 injuries.

At that rate, there be no people reaching '60'..... LOL why worry.

118 killed, 1,254 injured in road accidents over past 2 days ipsmenu.register( "post-member-1733843", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' );

From "The Nation"

BANGKOK, Dec 30 (TNA) --

A total of 707 road accidents took place in Thailand on Saturday, resulting in 85 deaths and 776 injuries.

are those figures up or down on previous years i wonder?

From "The Nation"

BANGKOK, Dec 30 (TNA) --

Ya really think they be "DOWN", my gawd.

Have ya driven in Thailand.

I love it, riding a scooter taking on trucks tour buses at intersections and roundabouts.

Used to <deleted> meself, now love the adrenaline hit.

PMPL

Edited by Zpete

From "The Nation"

BANGKOK, Dec 30 (TNA) --

This year they are way down , at least thats what the bangkok Post says ....