Quality Residency In Los - 30-50.000 Bath/month Ideal, 100.000 B/m Max

Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me here, looks like a very informative forum. I've finally got my stuff together, and now I'm flying over to Thailand. Looking for one of these kinds of accomodation:

1) Bangkok apartment: Smart, well located, modern and convienient 2 bedroom room apartment. 80-150 m2.

2) Beach house: 100-200 m2, 2 bedrooms, preferably with own coastline property and/or garden.

3) Other: Any exquisite property in LOS in my price-range, for example in the north.

I go to enjoy warmer weather, work out, live healthily, work via laptop, visit buddhist temples, sites and architecture, and ofcourse to meet wonderful thai women. :-) I don't drive and I need cleaning and laundry, but not necessarily provided by the landlords.

30.000-50.000 is my proposed budget, but if I really love a place, I'm willing to pay up to 100.000 bath/month, atleast for one month, and then get something cheaper after that.

So how to get the best possible place for my money? I've seen several really nice apartments at places like thaiapartment.com, but I'm wondering if those prices are actual prices or just what the landlord would ideally want. Could you haggle on the advertised prices if you agree to pay everything cash upfront, if there are many available apartments in that market segment? Where do you find quality residencies at the lowest price? Are people in real estate generally interested in bargaining on the rent, and how much could you persuade them to give you, say on a serviced apartment at 80.000 bath/month? Could I get it down to 50.000?

Hope someone can help, looking for any good advice.