Booze Ban In Effect In Samui

Some friends and I are heading down to Samui next weekend and we were wondering how the election alcohol ban has affected the night life.

How serious is it being taken? Was anything enforced last weekend?

Are any establishments going to be open next Saturday night?

What about afternoon on the beach for Sunday? Will places serve?

Thanks for your reports!

Some friends and I are heading down to Samui next weekend and we were wondering how the election alcohol ban has affected the night life.

How serious is it being taken? Was anything enforced last weekend?

Are any establishments going to be open next Saturday night?

What about afternoon on the beach for Sunday? Will places serve?

Thanks for your reports!

last weekend there was no night life in Lamai. Nearly all bars and disco closed down, don't know why, there is always Coca Cola :o

no problem for beer at restaurant and resort. it will end at 18:00 so sunday evening is ok.

I had no problem finding places to drink in Bangrak. Some places just pay a "fee" and get away with it. It WILL be quieter that's for sure but you can still find someplace. It might have to be a resort. You might want to bring some of your own just in case.

I had no problem finding places to drink in Bangrak. Some places just pay a "fee" and get away with it. It WILL be quieter that's for sure but you can still find someplace. It might have to be a resort. You might want to bring some of your own just in case.

...or in six packs :D

almost all restaurants will serve booze ,no bars will and if they do it will be in a tea cup :D i'd sooner go without :o