Is There A Freeware Burner That Normalizes Audio In Mp3s?

sbk

I want to burn an MP3 cd but the tracks are not normalized. Nero does not appear to have the ability to normalize mp3 audio tracks. Is there any freeware burner out there that can normalize the tracks while they are still mp3s?

Thanks Veazer. I found one called MP3Gain that does what I need. You are right, normalization is not the right word, it has something to do with file analysis --sounded kind of complicated but it does what I want. Make the volume of various unrelated MP3 files close to the same. If MP3Gain doesn't perform as promised I will be sure to give yours a shot!

Thanks Veazer. I found one called MP3Gain that does what I need. You are right, normalization is not the right word, it has something to do with file analysis --sounded kind of complicated but it does what I want. Make the volume of various unrelated MP3 files close to the same. If MP3Gain doesn't perform as promised I will be sure to give yours a shot!

MP3Gain will not help you, it just analyzes the MP3 and adds the replaygain metadata to the tags. Your burning program would need to use the replay gain data for this to be effective.

Burrrn can analyze the tracks and burn them all in one application.

EDIT: Ooops! I stand corrected. I thought MP3Gain was another app to add replaygain tags. It looks like MP3Gain actually modifies the mp3 data, so it would do what you want. Still, I'd rather use an app that doesn't mess with the actual audio data.

Edited by Veazer

I want to burn an MP3 cd but the tracks are not normalized. Nero does not appear to have the ability to normalize mp3 audio tracks. Is there any freeware burner out there that can normalize the tracks while they are still mp3s?

MeowMultiSound is a freeware which converts files in every direction: from Ogg or Wav to Mp3 and from Mp3 to Ogg or Wav.

MP3Gain will not help you, it just analyzes the MP3 and adds the replaygain metadata to the tags. Your burning program would need to use the replay gain data for this to be effective.

Burrrn can analyze the tracks and burn them all in one application.

EDIT: Ooops! I stand corrected. I thought MP3Gain was another app to add replaygain tags. It looks like MP3Gain actually modifies the mp3 data, so it would do what you want. Still, I'd rather use an app that doesn't mess with the actual audio data.

I will give it a shot then, if it burns as well, then that would fit the bill entirely as MP3Gain doesn't burn as well. Thanks for the info!

I use MP3 trim.  It works in both win and wine for linux.  free version sets (source file) audio level one file at a time and limited to 7mb file size, but it does a good jod and is easy to use.  Pay version will do batch files any size.  cost??  can also set up fad in out ect.

Edited by RKASA