Extend Tv Or Get Non-b

Depends upon your end goal. If you are just setting up a business so that you can stay here then there are cheaper ways to go about obtaining a one year visa than starting a business. If you want to start the business anyway, then you will need the business visa to get a work permit and there is no question to answer.

Question: Are government offices open dec 27-31? and how about Jan02-05?

Very important, please respond,

I apologize, this is not related to the topic but I have an emergency, and currently am in Canada

So you want to know what government? Where?

For government offices here in Thailand the 31st and 1st are holidays. Overseas they will often observe local holidays as well as Thai holidays.

Is there a reason why you are having a problem in making a decision ?

Naka.

I am doing some freelance work and want to make a business out of it but also at the same time want to extend my stay in Thailand as long as possible. I figure I can work that one month on the extended TV with little risk therefore giving me 13 months. However, it is 1900 baht to extend the TV for just 1 month so maybe, at least money wise, it is better to go ahead and go to Penang and get the Non-B going.

Just looking for some advice. Extend current TV or go and get Non-B.

You may need to have the work permit application receipt as believe that is required for non immigrant B visa issue at some, or most, local consulates.

OK.

I know that when applying for a work permit that you are initially given a receipt to prove that you have applied. I also know that a lot of paperwork has to be submitted at some point during the application process.

To get the receipt, is it just a matter of filing in one form and then getting the receipt and then giving all the supporting documentation at a later date or does everything have to be given at the time of the application?