Thai Bank Accounts In Singapore

As I'm still debating whether to go to Singapore for some business, I wondered if any of my Thai bank accounts would allow me to easily open a corresponding account in Singapore.

I have accounts at Bangkok Bank, Siam Commercial and Kaisikorn which I use regularly and it would suit my purpose to have an account at one of these banks or a Singapore bank to transact with down there rather than say use one of my HSBC or Citibank contacts to arrange the necessary paperwork. I will not need any borrowing capabilities.

Any experience as to how easy (or not) and any paperwork needed would be much appreciated.

There is a DBS bank in SG as well as in BKK (near Bangkok bank head office).

You might wanna ask them first or just go to the DBS website www.dbs.com

But last time I lived in SG you needed an SG workpermit to open a bank account.

There is also a Bangkok bank in SG.

There is a DBS bank in SG as well as in BKK (near Bangkok bank head office).

You might wanna ask them first or just go to the DBS website www.dbs.com

But last time I lived in SG you needed an SG workpermit to open a bank account.

There is also a Bangkok bank in SG.

Standard Chartered have a branch in SG as well. I use them, and they have their act together in a really impressive way, in a complete contrast to the people in BKK (Sathorn) branch. In respect of baht accounts though, I see where you are going with it but SC told me no SG bank will allow holdings in baht because there isn't enough liquidity out there to make it worth while. may be wrong and I don't honestly know much about it but that is what they said. So I went for USD.

If you fancy SC in SG I have a name for you who looked after me extremely well, sent the forms etc. Msg me if you want it.

D