Are These Snippets From A Conversation Northern Dialect?

danmarnj

ม่ายรุ ม่ายเห็น อารัยทั้งน้านนนนนนนนน

หวัดดีจ้า.....

คุณหลาน....:o

เรารู้จักกันแล้วมะช่ายเหรอ..???

หวาดดี เอ้......

เลียตสบายดีอ่ะ แต่พรุ่งเนี้ยะจาปายเข้าวัดสี่วันน๊าจ๊าาา

ทุกคนในครอบครัวสบายดีน๊า

จาปีใหม่แร้วอ่ะ ......เร็วเนอะ :D

ป๋วย

แกเล่นไปเงียบๆไม่บอกชั้นเลยนะ

โทรกลับชั้นด้วย

ช้านนนนนนน..ยังไม่ได้รับพัสดุอะไรเลยเนี่ยยย....

ตามด่วนๆๆๆๆๆ

ม่ายรุ ม่ายเห็น อารัยทั้งน้านนนนนนนนน

หวัดดีจ้า.....

คุณหลาน....:D

เรารู้จักกันแล้วมะช่ายเหรอ..???

หวาดดี เอ้......

เลียตสบายดีอ่ะ แต่พรุ่งเนี้ยะจาปายเข้าวัดสี่วันน๊าจ๊าาา

ทุกคนในครอบครัวสบายดีน๊า

จาปีใหม่แร้วอ่ะ ......เร็วเนอะ :D

ป๋วย

แกเล่นไปเงียบๆไม่บอกชั้นเลยนะ

โทรกลับชั้นด้วย

ช้านนนนนนน..ยังไม่ได้รับพัสดุอะไรเลยเนี่ยยย....

ตามด่วนๆๆๆๆๆ

Hi,

It's very difficult to tell from your script i.e. without hearing the actual accent used in speaking. IMO, the phrases you have posted are quite prevalent in the outer reaches and would apply in both the Isarn and Northern parts of the country.

A quick "rule of thumb" that I tend to use is that if the ร is pronounced more as a 'H' than an 'R' or an 'L' then this would indicate the speaker as being from the North. Chiang Rai for example is pronounced locally as 'Jiang Hai'. I believe that this is a throwback from the original Lanna language pronunciation too.

AjarnP :o

Edited by AjarnP

The conversation you posted was neither northen nor north-eastern dialect. It is just a way of Thais to express their feeling through typing. for example, instead of regular "จะไปไหน", some people type "จาปายหนาย" to express their cuteness (although lots of Thais dont find that cute). Recently, a new word has been coined for this type of deliberate misspelling. It's called "แอ๊บแบ๊ว". "แอ๊บ" is said to derive from an English word, "abnormal". And "แบ๊ว" means "naive"; "innocent". This word is used to described not only for the language usage but also when someone tries to be overly naive or innocent. I think you can find more information about this on the internet since recently it was the talk of the town for a while. Lots of people dont agree with this usage and others think that this is just one kind of evolution in the Thai language.

It's very difficult to tell from your script i.e. without hearing the actual accent used in speaking. IMO, the phrases you have posted are quite prevalent in the outer reaches and would apply in both the Isarn and Northern parts of the country.

A quick "rule of thumb" that I tend to use is that if the ร is pronounced more as a 'H' than an 'R' or an 'L' then this would indicate the speaker as being from the North. Chiang Rai for example is pronounced locally as 'Jiang Hai'. I believe that this is a throwback from the original Lanna language pronunciation too.

As others have noted, the snippets are probably not of Kham Muang (Northern Thai) speech. The articles are incorrect as is the pronunciation as indicated bythe spelling.

But the usage of /h/ in place of /r/ in Kham Muang is not a throwback, it is simply the correct form of speech in the Kham Muang language. Thus we get Chiang Hai for Chiang Rai or hawn (hot) for rawn which gives rise to my favorite English-Kham Muang couplet of "hot hawn". The word 'Chiang' can also change quite a bit ranging from Jiang to Shiang depending upon the mother tongue of the speaker, and there are lots of mother tongues up north. Too bad Kham Muang is slowly assimilating towards Central Thai, especially in the larger cities.