Drunken Farang Idiot In Mcd's Last Night

dekka007

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They taste good when you are hungry, have a lot of fat and aren't nutritious, a lot like fish and chips, meat pies or bangers and mash! :D

:o Not even comparable to what McShite serves up.

I've had plenty of pub food that was worse than McDonalds. :D

Much worse indeed . :D

They taste good when you are hungry, have a lot of fat and aren't nutritious, a lot like fish and chips, meat pies or bangers and mash! :D

Sure you have, but there are plenty of places that are far better. Have a look at the Michelin ratings, and you'll see that British pud and resteraunt food has come a long way from some of the boring steretyping that it gets these days.

Edited by mrtoad

usa big macs r quite the delicacy.

thias r missing out on the fact that mcsomchai dont offer 1\4 pounders wit cheese.

They obviously don't travel well, as McDonalds are <deleted> in the UK as well.

Since McDonalds do not taste good in most countries, but USA.

I guess it is not a problem with McDonalds.

Maybe it is or good friends from USA that miss the good quality (McDonalds) food from back home?

:o

thias r missing out on the fact that mcsomchai dont offer 1\4 pounders wit cheese.

Maybe it is or good friends from USA that miss the good quality (McDonalds) food from back home?

:D

I can only surmise that you don't come from one of the 28 states I visited, or perhaps your mum's cooking is good.

Good quality food and USA don't belong in the same sentence. :o

Happy New Year.

:D

I can only surmise that you don't come from one of the 28 states I visited, or perhaps your mum's cooking is good.

Good quality food and USA don't belong in the same sentence. :o

Happy New Year.

Was just joking around about McDonalds.

I have actually had plenty good food the times I have visited USA.

when I was pregnant I craved big macs but would discard all of it except the last meat pattie, the one with the cheese, lettuce & sauce. At the time was like nectar, now the thought of any kind of burger makes me gag!!!

Anyone know what the deal was with the older farang last night about 2am in mcdonalds sukhumvit soi 19. Arrived for my get me home big mac to be confronted with some older farang chasing the security guard round the inside of mcdonalds with a wooden pole he produced from from his trouser leg. Followed by starting to throw the chairs round the place and screaming he is going to wreck the place. Entertaining.

However looked like it might get a bit nasty as a group of Thai guys appeared moments later outside with what looked like sharpened screwdrivers and other weapons...

the Bigmac as ever was delightful.....

wow while this was going on you still got your mac........thats good service!

why didnt you ask the farang what was wrong.....he might have told another farang....no harm in asking.bit weird he has a wooden pole down his trouser leg.......sounds like he maybe had trouble with the security guy before and came back with a weapon.

cant believe you left before seeing the finale to this show........you must be the most un nosey person i know.......i woulda found a good spot and enjoyed the food/entertainment.

was there no other farangs there that you could of asked why he was going mental.......now we all wondering what happened and your the one that could of told us if you just stayed a little longer.....u coulda ordered some fries or something :o now i wont be able to sleep thinking about it :D

Sure you have, but there are plenty of places that are far better. Have a look at the Michelin ratings, and you'll see that British pud and resteraunt food has come a long way from some of the boring steretyping that it gets these days.

It is nice that you guys finally have a few decent restaurants, but you still don't have near enough to be condescending about anyone else's food! :D

It is nice that you guys finally have a few decent restaurants, but you still don't have near enough to be condescending about anyone else's food! :o

UG, let's be fair, McDonalds is not a standard bearer of American cuisine is it? And when was i condescending about other nationalities foods? I love food, and I do enjoy a good burger, but not the poor stuff that is served up by McDonalds here in Thailand or the UK.

Anyone know what the deal was with the older farang last night about 2am in mcdonalds sukhumvit soi 19. Arrived for my get me home big mac to be confronted with some older farang chasing the security guard round the inside of mcdonalds with a wooden pole he produced from from his trouser leg. Followed by starting to throw the chairs round the place and screaming he is going to wreck the place. Entertaining.

However looked like it might get a bit nasty as a group of Thai guys appeared moments later outside with what looked like sharpened screwdrivers and other weapons...

the Bigmac as ever was delightful.....

wow while this was going on you still got your mac........thats good service!

why didnt you ask the farang what was wrong.....he might have told another farang....no harm in asking.bit weird he has a wooden pole down his trouser leg.......sounds like he maybe had trouble with the security guy before and came back with a weapon.

cant believe you left before seeing the finale to this show........you must be the most un nosey person i know.......i woulda found a good spot and enjoyed the food/entertainment.

was there no other farangs there that you could of asked why he was going mental.......now we all wondering what happened and your the one that could of told us if you just stayed a little longer.....u coulda ordered some fries or something :o now i wont be able to sleep thinking about it :D

Maybe it wasn't a wooden pole, just a toothpick. It was late, and the OP had been :D

Think the answere is obvious. The farang is a American Postal worker on holiday, testing to see if he can GO POSTAL in Thailand.

Going Postal is a recent American slang expression meaning going berserk or bananas. seems to happen often with American Postal workers. This is not America bashing but a statement of fact. Look it up in an American slang dictionary

It is nice that you guys finally have a few decent restaurants, but you still don't have near enough to be condescending about anyone else's food! :D

UG, let's be fair, McDonalds is not a standard bearer of American cuisine is it? And when was i condescending about other nationalities foods? I love food, and I do enjoy a good burger, but not the poor stuff that is served up by McDonalds here in Thailand or the UK.

I just get tired of people who think that putting down McDonald's somehow proves how clever they are. The truth is that the place is popular all over the world because it tastes good. No, not Maine lobster good or Kobe beef good, but how many of us eat like that every day? I hardly ever go to one, but when I do, I almost always enjoy it.

If you truly don't like McDonald's - can't tell you how many pretentous British friends I've caught sneaking out of the place with a guilty look on their face - that is fine, but you are in the minority, and it doesn't make you anything special. I would hazard a guess that you still enjoy junk food, just of a different, more British type. :o

I just get tired of people who think that putting down McDonald's somehow proves how clever they are. The truth is that the place is popular all over the world because it tastes good. No, not Maine lobster good or Kobe beef good, but how many of us eat like that every day? I hardly ever go to one, but when I do, I almost always enjoy it.

If you truly don't like McDonald's - can't tell you how many pretentous British friends I've caught sneaking out of the place with a guilty look on their face - that is fine, but you are in the minority, and it doesn't make you anything special. I would hazard a guess that you still enjoy junk food, just of a different, more British type. :o

UG don't get so defensive, dear, oh dear. :D

Personally, I don't like McDonalds, but I do like Burger King. So, yes I do like Burgers, we have plenty of crap places in the UK as well, ever tried Wimpy burgers :D ?

I'm not special, I'm not pretentious, and I'm not bashing America, which it appears is what you want to turn this thread into a British v American thread, how very droll. :D

Back onto the original topic, did anyone actually witness this event?

Edited by mrtoad

Personally, I don't like McDonalds, but I do like Burger King.

This is another thing that I don't get and a lot of people say this. :o

In the US, Burger King uses a much better grade of beef than McD's and char broils its burgers. I also prefer Burger King to McDonalds there.

Here, they use the same beef as McDonalds and if they char-broil them, I can't taste it. Anyway, to me, McDonalds burgers - in Thailand - are better because the sauce makes the whole sandwich taste pretty good, where the taste of the cheap Burger King patties stands out without anything to improve them.

I'll take a Thailand Big Mac over a Thailand Whopper any time, and if you get the set deal, McDonald's is almost half the price!

Personally, I don't like McDonalds, but I do like Burger King.

This is another thing that I don't get and a lot of people say this. :o

In the US, Burger King uses a much better grade of beef than McD's and char broils its burgers. I also prefer Burger King to McDonalds there.

Here, they use the same beef as McDonalds and if they char-broil them, I can't taste it. Anyway, to me, McDonalds burgers - in Thailand - are better because the sauce makes the whole sandwich taste pretty good, where the taste of the cheap Burger King patties stands out without anything to improve them.

I'll take a Thailand Big Mac over a Thailand Whopper any time, and if you get the set deal, McDonald's is almost half the price!

UG, I suppose it's all about personal taste, but still can't beat a proper homemade burger IMO.

Happy New Year.

UG, I suppose it's all about personal taste, but still can't beat a proper homemade burger IMO.

Happy New Year.

Sometimes I want a homemade burger, sometimes I want a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, sometimes I want a double Whopper. To me, they are 3 different types of burgers and although I might prefer one over the other, they all hit the spot at the right time in the right situation.

Happy New Year to you!

Happy New Year.

Sometimes I want a homemade burger, sometimes I want a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, sometimes I want a double Whopper. To me, they are 3 different types of burgers and although I might prefer one over the other, they all hit the spot at the right time in the right situation.

Happy New Year to you!

Now I am starting to feel hungry, i might just get in the kitchen, or should I hop onto the BTS? :o

Wow imagine that A Drunk farang(now there's something you don't see to often :D ) going berserk in Thailand Especially at a mickey d's Either a lot of alcohol consumption or that special Wand Dang sauce they used really didn't do it for him!

Happy New Years guys ! Gals :o

If you truly don't like McDonald's - can't tell you how many pretentous British friends I've caught sneaking out of the place with a guilty look on their face - that is fine, but you are in the minority

This I disagree with. I don't know of a single expat here who ever goes to Macdonalds - I always assumed it was only tourists and gullible Thais who've fallen for the advertising who ever frequented the restaurants. I guess you prove this theory wrong UG - but, still, from my experience it's actually you who are in the minority.