“somdet” Hospital Clinic On Second Road

astromash

Hmm, first time I've posted a query on TV and not had a reply within a few hours.

This clinic may be of interest to those of you with Thai partners who work in Pattaya and have social security cards. As you may know as of tomorrow Pattaya Memorial Hospital is stopping providing free health care to such people. Apparently this affects 60,000 Thais in the Pattaya area and, as I understand it, they will now have to use either Queen Sirikit near Sattahip or "Somdet" Hospital in Sriracha.

Sorry, "Somdet" is the best I can do. I'm trying to convey how my girlfriend pronounces it - she's already been told by Pattaya Memorial that her new hospital is "Somdet" in Sriracha.

Apparently "Somdet" Hospital has a clinic on Second Road in Pattaya but she doesn't know where - and neither do I.

Maybe "Somdet" is the same as "Samitivej", another hospital in the Sriracha area???

Edited by astromash

Somdej (Queen Sawanguatana Memorial Hospital) is not the same as Samitivej.

The difference is waiting time, service and $$$$$! The same doctors however, may work at both hospitals. I have known some who do.

Sorry, I don't know of the clinic in 2nd Road.

Somdet or Queen SawangWattana Memorial Hospital (โรงพยาบาลสมเด็จพระบรมราชเทวี ณ ศรีราชา) is a Red Cross hospital. There may be a Red Cross clinic in Pattaya that cover social security cases. Have a look at the Red Cross website, the English version is a bit out dated but if you can read Thai you may find some info there:

http://www.redcross.or.th/home/indexthai.php4

Thanks for the replies. The spelling "Somdej" has enabled me to find some info via Google, though nothing about a clinic in Pattaya. Had a look and there's a button for 'English' on the Red cross site - but I can't see anything there. Cheers.

Edited by astromash

I've heard there is a clinic on Second Road in Pattaya affiliated with "Somdet" hospital in Sriracha. Anyone know where this clinic is located on Second Road?

Thanks for your help.

only thing i can think of up this side (soi 456) dr belens clinic is listed second rd just of, but try this list

chris

I just got back from Pattaya Memorial which I have been going to for many years since Pattaya Bangkok stopped their Social Security treatment. Indeed they will stop treating people under that Social Security system starting tomorrow. I asked where to go, and was told Somdej in Sri Racha. No mention was made of a clinic.

I'm none too pleased to have to go so far. If anyone has information about closer options, please let me know. I'll continue to investigate the situation and will post if I have any new info.

I just got back from Pattaya Memorial which I have been going to for many years since Pattaya Bangkok stopped their Social Security treatment. Indeed they will stop treating people under that Social Security system starting tomorrow. I asked where to go, and was told Somdej in Sri Racha. No mention was made of a clinic.

I'm none too pleased to have to go so far. If anyone has information about closer options, please let me know. I'll continue to investigate the situation and will post if I have any new info.

Your name suggests that you are not Thai, so why don't you just pay for your medical treatment? :D There are many hospitals and clinics that will treat you for money! :o

Your name suggests that you are not Thai, so why don't you just pay for your medical treatment? :D There are many hospitals and clinics that will treat you for money! :o

I make mandatory payments for medical insurance to the Thai government. I then use the service that I pay for.