Hotel Recomendations

Comming from chaing mai never been to Samui can someone give me a few hotel recommendations

Preferrably close to a nice beach you can swim in and reasonable priced thai food in walking distance.

How to get there from bus station ?

I am not a high end traveler or a backpacker 1000 to 1500 Baht would be good but again I do not know the area, help please

Someone on here pointed me in the direction on Laem Din Hotel in Chaweng (Google 'Don Leam Din Samui') its 1400 a night high season, 1000 low season. By far the best hotel i have stayed in ever, for this price range. Free wireless, brand new rooms with fairly trendy furniture, modern, nice bathroom with all the trimmings, air con, cable, fridge, big balcony. Free gym, room service, cafe, restaurant, good staff. 5 minute walk to Chaweng beach, 1 minute walk to the bars of soi regea. Real great value.

If wirless is not important, the Samui Mermaid (Ban Rak, near Big Budah) is also great value. Stay away from the premier, deluxe rooms and just get a good old fashioned bungalow in the gardens opposite the main hotel. They are only 600B night high season and whilst they are fairly basic, they are comfortable, clean, secure, quiet and set in nice gardens, plus there is a pool. This place is 30 seconds walk from the sand and Ban Rak is by far the better area to stay than Chaweng (IMHO) Free airport transfers also.... though its only about half a click from the airport.

The Laem Din Hotel is by far more modern, but the Mermaid is definatley more 'chilled' and more than half the price. You feel like a tourist once again when you stay there.

There are others of course. These are just the two that i realy like.

Edited by GetBackJoJo

Someone on here pointed me in the direction on Laem Din Hotel in Chaweng (Google 'Don Leam Din Samui') its 1400 a night high season, 1000 low season. By far the best hotel i have stayed in ever, for this price range. Free wireless, brand new rooms with fairly trendy furniture, modern, nice bathroom with all the trimmings, air con, cable, fridge, big balcony. Free gym, room service, cafe, restaurant, good staff. 5 minute walk to Chaweng beach, 1 minute walk to the bars of soi regea. Real great value.

If wirless is not important, the Samui Mermaid (Ban Rak, near Big Budah) is also great value. Stay away from the premier, deluxe rooms and just get a good old fashioned bungalow in the gardens opposite the main hotel. They are only 600B night high season and whilst they are fairly basic, they are comfortable, clean, secure, quiet and set in nice gardens, plus there is a pool. This place is 30 seconds walk from the sand and Ban Rak is by far the better area to stay than Chaweng (IMHO) Free airport transfers also.... though its only about half a click from the airport.

The Laem Din Hotel is by far more modern, but the Mermaid is definatley more 'chilled' and more than half the price. You feel like a tourist once again when you stay there.

There are others of course. These are just the two that i realy like.

Total agreement to that post. Just make sure to have a booking before heading there since we are in the highseason now.

www.samui-mermaid.info

On Chaweng beach there is always good old Op bungalow on the beach, i do remember them as priceworthy on lowseason but they tend to raise heavily in the highseason. Think they still might be in your range 1000-1500 though..., also great place and great beach, but no pool and far walk to the good Thai-meals. Mostly western food in that area, expensive western food.

Go Ban raking! :o