Feet Sweat In Cold Weather, Not In Hot!

junkofdavid2

My feet tend to sweat in cold or cool weather instead of when it's warm.

In warm weather, my body sweats but my feet stay relatively dry... or at least, don't sweat more than my body. However, my feet tend to relatively sweat more during cold or cool weather when my BODY feels cold and when my body is not sweating at all!

Isn't that strange?

Why would that be?

:o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Fom your profile it seems that you are in bkk, and that you joined TV in only '06. Have you been there for so long that you are 100% aclimatised? Just an idle, a rhetorical, question. I don't aclimatise to any climate. If the climate is a hot one then I feel the heat all the time, if it's a cold one blah blah blah. To repeat, this a rhetorical question...you are entitled to feel how you feel.

I'm dead curious about how it's possible to feel cold in bkk. One morning at 5, back in '92 or '94, I felt very pleasantly comfortable, for an hour or so. Ditto in C.M.

It's perfectly possible to lose up to a half a cup of fluid from the feet per day (I can be trusted on this). I, like Naam, perspire, regardless. My feet aren't mine. I repudiate them, but they refuse go, or even mend their ways.

The only indoor footwear that I find is comfortable is 100% pure cotton slip-ons. Bare feet beats everthing of course. Anything synthetic is antipathetic (sorry).

Hey the same thing happens to me, no idea why though.

Maybe I am squinching up my feet muscles unconscious in an attempt to warm them up?

Come to think of it jd2 and zz same thing happens to me. Igno. makes some good analysis with great good wit, which is rather ironic considering his name.

Possibly:

1. Minor chill (body cold)- seems to happen a lot in weather changes.

2. Some dehydration in hot weather, hence no sweat when hot, but not in cold.

3. Floors are colder, so feet feel cold.

4. The sort of hypochondria I am also prone too :o .

Igno asks whether it is possible to feel cold in Bangkok. Well not in the sense that you feel it in say England in the middle of Jan. However, it is possible to feel too cool in the middle of the night for sure and the body can produce symptoms of cold even if you are not feeling cold, eg, on Wed night I had cramp in one of my calf muscles. Only later did I realise that it was cold air that had caused it. The temp had dropped and the fan was trained on the foot of the bed- my foot too obviously. Ruddy agony incidentally.