Spending Some Time With My Son

M&M

Have taken him to yo-yo land, done all the parks, did the underater water Siam thing, been to the zoo (twice)!!

Any ideas for a bright and energetic kid who is too young for rollercoasters?

Please don't suggest Nana or Soi Cowboy - been there, done that when he was 2 - the girls loved him but my Mrs. almost killed me ; )

M&M

On the 4A floor at Siam Paragon there are a bunch of schools (where your kid could attend for drawing/kid's painting classs and more) and a bubble playground for kids.

Why don't you check that out.

Edited by legag

Have taken him to yo-yo land, done all the parks, did the underater water Siam thing, been to the zoo (twice)!!

Any ideas for a bright and energetic kid who is too young for rollercoasters?

Please don't suggest Nana or Soi Cowboy - been there, done that when he was 2 - the girls loved him but my Mrs. almost killed me ; )

M&M

Try Gymboree--it has several locations including Sukhumvit 49. Check the website: http://www.gymboree.co.th/2005%20Website%2...e/contact.shtml

Rot fai park, near Jatujuk....hire a bike for 20b all day and go round the park, bikes have very comfy seats for kids on front or back or they have kids bikes if he can ride himself.

Inside the park is canoes for hire and a few playgrounds also and a swimming pool for kids, but not open just yet, apparently very soon though.

Rot fai park I mentioned also has a butterfly park in it, but closed on mondays.

There is also the planitariun and science works museum for kids, I believe it is in Phayo Yothun area, maybe someone else can give exact location.

There is the Imax at paragon, always good and often have dinosaur or ocean environmental type documentaries on.

Also the Aquarium at paragon.

How about taking him to Old Siam Plaza? On the ground floor, there are vendors making brightly coloured Thai candies and sweets. Paradise for a little kid! (NE corner of Tri Phet and Phahurat Road.)

Cheers for the ideas - MUCH appreciated : )

Any ideas on the croc or snake farms? Never been to either myself.

Thanks again

M&M

Get on the BTS skytrain, go to sapahn taksin station on the chao phraya river, hire a long boat for a 700B trip & this will include an hour stop at the snake farm. Good half day outing.

Cheers,

Soundman. :o

On Friday's pick up the Bangkok Post and in the weekend section they always list many family activities. I see that right now at Emporium they have some sort of Lego Land where the kids can play and build. I beleive it started yesterday throught the end of the month.

Snake farm: I would recommend you go to the medical snake farm near Lumphini park (Pasteur institute?)

I have been there and prefer it to the purely touristy snake farms. Yes, they also have a performance, but also a little museum about snakes and the usage of snake poison. If your son is interested, this would be a good idea. Once you are there you could also go to the park (Lumphini) and have a boat ride or/and picnic. We usually see turtles and lots of big water monitors.

The park at Queen Sirikit is nice too. You can rent a covered paddle boat for 20 Baht or something (and bikes too, but without training wheels). They also have a nice playground there. Most of the major supermarkets (Tescos and Carrefours) have "ball rooms" inside them too, which is a good place to stop and play, whenever you're out and about and need a quick fix of kiddie time. The kids museum (? not sure of the name) at Chatuchak (just North of the weekend market) is a good one! Lot's of space for kids to climb and play. The library on the 8th floor of the World Trade (Chitlom) has a kids room which is a good place to hang out and read a book.