"qvc" Timeshares-has Anyone Dealt With Them?

thaidiver

"QVC" Quality Vacation Club

Has any member gone dealt with the aforementoned timeshare club? Or better put, are all these timeshare clubs a scam or are some a good deal?

They have a Jomtien office and I went to a 90 min presentation, wasn't impressed and didn't want to part with $9,000 dollars.

"QVC" Quality Vacation Club

Has any member gone dealt with the aforementoned timeshare club? Or better put, are all these timeshare clubs a scam or are some a good deal?

They have a Jomtien office and I went to a 90 min presentation, wasn't impressed and didn't want to part with $9,000 dollars.

gangster one million time gangster

just keep your money in your pocket

A friend of mine made the mistake of buying a timeshare here.

His $12,000 is for one week / year. The property is worth in the neighborhood of 4.5M baht / $136,000

At 50 weeks x $12,000 = $600,000 minus a bit. But, generally in Pattaya, the property would sell for about 4,500,000 baht = $136,000.

Overpaid!!!!!

That is step one.

Step two is better.

He also pays $300 / year in maintenance.

Tha same $300 / year would come close enough to renting him the one-bedroom unit each year. So, he paid up front $12,000 for NOTHING, and then he pays (maintenance/rent) of $300/year which is really all the rent that the unit would cost.

Stay out of time shares.

A losing investment.

How did you get into their clutches, might be useful so that others do not walk into their approach blindfolded. I totally agree with

the other two replies although it didn't happen to me in Thailand, happen it did and had to employ a lawyer on return to u.k. to

get free of it also was almost imprisoned while they went through the spiel and yes those particular people were gangsters

How did you get into their clutches, might be useful so that others do not walk into their approach blindfolded. I totally agree with

the other two replies although it didn't happen to me in Thailand, happen it did and had to employ a lawyer on return to u.k. to

get free of it also was almost imprisoned while they went through the spiel and yes those particular people were gangsters

Here they trawl about on motorbikes stopping everyone and ask if you speak English. They even have work permits.

I just tell them my only other english words F*** O**

All time share is a rip off and why do they only want to sell to holiday makers.

I wonder

If you are collared on the street they will more than likely have two scratch cards with them. One of them is a winner all day long.

If you are in a couple they will always give the winning ticket to the lady, and make sure that the man scratches the losing ticket first. When the wife scratches the winning ticket, the OPC's will go nuts stating that you have won one of 3 major prizes, which would normally consist of ( for example ) a camera, money, or a free holiday.

Now, all you have to do is collect your prize, and as a thank you, would like to show you round our development,, all you have to do is have a look round for say 90 mins, and you collect your prize on the way out.

Over this 90 mins a smooth talking salesman will try all out to lure you into this once in a lifetime holiday package. If by the end of it you decide to buy into this, then a big bottle of bubbly is brought out and opened in front of all the other people and loud applause ring out, on the way out you will collect one of the better prizes, the camera or the money ( I say better, it's the least they could do after making such a huge % profit off you ). Be warned 'cos after you have split with your hard earned money and take one of the vacations you will be badgered by in house sales reps to upgrade your package.

If it is the case that you don't want to split with your hard earned cash and decide not to buy, then on the way out you will go to collect one of your 3 prizes. It is then that you will win a free holiday (ONLY no flights transfers included ) at one of the companies many hotels. If you choose to take this trip then you will be coaxed daily into buying into timeshare by one of the many sales reps from all over Europe. If they don't get you first time round they will undoubtedly get you the second time round.

You've been warned

Choppy

If you are collared on the street they will more than likely have two scratch cards with them. One of them is a winner all day long.

If you are in a couple they will always give the winning ticket to the lady, and make sure that the man scratches the losing ticket first. When the wife scratches the winning ticket, the OPC's will go nuts stating that you have won one of 3 major prizes, which would normally consist of ( for example ) a camera, money, or a free holiday.

Now, all you have to do is collect your prize, and as a thank you, would like to show you round our development,, all you have to do is have a look round for say 90 mins, and you collect your prize on the way out.

Over this 90 mins a smooth talking salesman will try all out to lure you into this once in a lifetime holiday package. If by the end of it you decide to buy into this, then a big bottle of bubbly is brought out and opened in front of all the other people and loud applause ring out, on the way out you will collect one of the better prizes, the camera or the money ( I say better, it's the least they could do after making such a huge % profit off you ). Be warned 'cos after you have split with your hard earned money and take one of the vacations you will be badgered by in house sales reps to upgrade your package.

If it is the case that you don't want to split with your hard earned cash and decide not to buy, then on the way out you will go to collect one of your 3 prizes. It is then that you will win a free holiday (ONLY no flights transfers included ) at one of the companies many hotels. If you choose to take this trip then you will be coaxed daily into buying into timeshare by one of the many sales reps from all over Europe. If they don't get you first time round they will undoubtedly get you the second time round.

You've been warned

Choppy

I totally understand how they work and all the hard sales tactics but ...... they will not undoubtedly "Get you" first, second, third or whatever - they may get a lot but I am prepared to bet a months salary they could not get me :o

Here they trawl about on motorbikes stopping everyone and ask if you speak English. They even have work permits.

I just tell them my only other english words F*** O**

All time share is a rip off and why do they only want to sell to holiday makers.

I wonder

I very much doubt that they have work permits!!!!!!

If by any remote chance one or two of then do have this precious document then it is certainly not valid for the job of approaching punters on the street.

I have been stopped many times

This week I asked if he had a work permit - he said he had.

I asked where is it? - he said well come to the resort we will show you around and also show you the work permit.

Then I berated him for wasting my time and told him I would now waste his time

How you gonna do that I have all the time in the world he replied

So I took the keys out of his motorcycle - dropped them down the nearest drain - smiled and walked off

Maybe he will think twice next time - I doubt it

OneMike - You may not like them but it's perhaps a little naughty by dropping someone's keys down a drain! Manners cost nothing you know :o

Some would argue that the concept of timeshare is actually not that bad and that it's perhaps the people involved selling it that give it a bad name, or cause it to be mis-sold. Timeshare does probably suit some people - depending on their circumstances, lifestyle etc. (although I don't actually know any!).

Yeah I could bet that they would never get me also....never ever.....weak and silly people with not much idea get conned into this crap.

Yesterday I saw the Sukhumvit crew in Bangkok harrassing a dude on the street, all the time the farang count dracula that dresses in black every day and is the operator of this scam/manager or whatever, was in the background drooling over them, sad little leach he is.

Yeah I could bet that they would never get me also....never ever.....weak and silly people with not much idea get conned into this crap.

Yesterday I saw the Sukhumvit crew in Bangkok harrassing a dude on the street, all the time the farang count dracula that dresses in black every day and is the operator of this scam/manager or whatever, was in the background drooling over them, sad little leach he is.

Sometimes I feel sorry for those giurls and politely turn them down telling them I would only give a false hotel name and room number. I did once like a fool try to explain why anybody with knowledge of what they sell would not be interested but they just want and need the 20 THB or so qualified lead they get.

Its the guy's out of the Tai Pan on 23 is it not - I and the misfortune to have to stay there once during CNY - never again and they are simplet bloody awful people.