Hotel Booking In Bangkok

lungbing

My son and family arrive for a holiday in late March. We will need four rooms in total.

We usually stay at The Plaza Hotel on Surawong Rd as it's not far from the Post Office

and I collect Thai stamps!

Would it be better to book the 4 rooms direct with the hotel by phone or post or book

them via the internet? And if via the net which agency is trustworthy?

Thanks for your help,

My son and family arrive for a holiday in late March. We will need four rooms in total.

We usually stay at The Plaza Hotel on Surawong Rd as it's not far from the Post Office

Would it be better to book the 4 rooms direct with the hotel by phone or post or book

Thanks for your help,

Asiarooms are offering this hotel at £20 average rate, Planet Holiday £17 - I've used both in the past without trouble.

I always book using hotel websites and i never had a complain (of course i wait for confirmation by email too). Some ppl sometimes say they get better deals with an agency, but i did some search for the hotels i was looking for and i found it was better to deal with the hotel itself.

By phone is usually more expensive, ppl say, though i've never tried.

Thanks for your help,

Usally hotels have to give a lower rate than their "over the counter rate" eg. a pal of mine went into The Windsor not long ago and was told 4500 baht per night, after telling them he usually stays for 2500 when booking on line they still wouldn't budge, so he goes out to a cafe books on line and takes back his confirmation for 2250 and they don't bat an eyelid.

Well, if the hotel you wanna stay have its own website you should book from there but even that most of online agency is pretty much trustworthy. Either phone or online booking you should have a comfirmation that's when you need when shit happens to say .. 'Hey,I have booked'.

Hope you enjoy your time in Thailand. I collect stamps too :o

Thanks for your help

I've found its always cheaper to book with an online agency. If you doubt that, check with the hotel for their rate and compare it with the agency rates. Today I called one hotel which quoted me a rate of 1900 baht. The online rate was 1200 baht.) I use http://www.precisionreservations.com many times without a problem. I've always gotten good rates with them.

Edited by mauiguy90

check with the hotel for their rate and compare it with the agency rates.

Exactly, always compare the best price quoted by asiarooms, agoda, wotif etc against what's on offer from the hotels own website.

http://www.precisionreservations.com many times without a problem. I've always gotten good rates with them.

Precision are AGODA and while you need to check their rate right through to the purchase page to see the actual price including taxes and fee's, they do give you points with each reservation, that can be used for future discounts.