Pantip Or Fortune?

justin54

For buying computer hardware?

I usually go to Fortune because there are less crowds, and haven't been to Pantip in years.

Should I be checking out Pantip for better deals on hardware?

Cheers,

JL

Pantip is slightly better if you know where to look, but it also depends on what you are looking for. I prefer Fortune myself for most stuff, only go to Pantip for small or unusual parts. And avoid the Indian-run shops, they charge quite a bit more in both locations.

Depends on what you are buying. I got my PC built at Pantip a few yaers back. Went to Fortune first as it was closer(live in Lad Prao). They couldnt build what i wanted. No many places had all the parts if they did they were expensive. Went to Pantip and walked around asking who could build what i want and got quotes. These ranged from 24K to 34K, Fortune was 36K. So its good to shop around. But Fortune is good and less busy. But not guaranteed to get everything there. BTW isnt there a new place open out towards the old airport? Has anyone been there?

BTW isnt there a new place open out towards the old airport? Has anyone been there?

IT plaza ( or the taxi drivers will know it as Lak Si (see) plaza )

Not a huge range , but ok for some bits if you don't want to go all the way into town - has shops for the major labels , sony , toshiba , acer etc and has branches for the chains like hardware house etc.

another place is pantip in ngam wong wam , similar to IT plaza.

Depends on what you are buying. I got my PC built at Pantip a few yaers back. Went to Fortune first as it was closer(live in Lad Prao). They couldnt build what i wanted. No many places had all the parts if they did they were expensive. Went to Pantip and walked around asking who could build what i want and got quotes. These ranged from 24K to 34K, Fortune was 36K. So its good to shop around. But Fortune is good and less busy. But not guaranteed to get everything there. BTW isnt there a new place open out towards the old airport? Has anyone been there?

[seer?] Zeer Ransit IT, is very large, just past the old airport.. it is on the same side at the old airport so driving out from BKK you need to do a U turn ..Do not go over the River the U Turn is BKK side......

Also Pantip 2.... 12 floor new biuilding in blue glass, near the on/off exsit of the Expressway [the exsit B4 the end of expressway] at Nontaburi..[you can see it on the right side from the Expressway] come off in the direction of the old airport, keep on the left as the car park turn in is just before the blue building. Best floors 3, 4 & 5

Yes, he's talking about two different places. In that area but on different roads.

IT Square is at Laksi Plaza, on the corner of Chaengwattana and Vipawadee.

Pantip Plaza 2 is on Ngamwongwan road (that runs parallel to Chaengwattana), not too far from The Mall Ngamwongwan. It's in the building that Banglampoo shopping mall used to be. (different Banglampoo from the one near Khaosarn)

Sorry for my dum qustion...Where is Fortune? Near any BTS? Is it new (since 2005, last time i was there)?

The MRT Ratchada station is Thailand Cultural Centre, third door opening after Asoke. 20 baht, 5-6 mins ride.

Then walk back a bit.

Much more convenient to get there than to Panthip.

Edited by think_too_mut

Sorry for my dum qustion...Where is Fortune? Near any BTS? Is it new (since 2005, last time i was there)?

Fortune is at the MRT station Phra Ram 9 (Rama 9), as White Orchid posted, two stops from MRT Asoke. My experience at Panthip DVD's vendors is that many are dishonest, do not give receipts and will not exchange DVD's. I've had a vendor laugh in my face when I tried to exchange bad DVD's there, then taunt me saying "What are you going to do about it?". Without proper receipts, there is really nothing you can do about it except go someplace else...Fortune is my choice!!!