One Year Multiple Entry Visa

Situation

I have been talking to the guys at Siam International Legal Group about getting a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Visa. They have assured me that this will be no problem and I can have the paperwork in my hand within 2-3 weeks. Just looking for some feedback before I committ.

About Me

- currently reside in the USA

- will not be working in Thailand (at least not for a Thai company)

- 28 years old with a wife and child

- run/own an internet company that can be controlled from anywhere

if any more information is needed to provide an educated answer please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Work of any kind within Thailand require a work permit. "-will not be working in Thailand (at least not for a Thai company)"

I also have an small internet business in the UK. I don't have a permit only a multi non O. I check in on my work 2-3 times a week thats all, who knows or really cares.

Forgot to add i was painting a temple over the weekend, i suppose i needed a permit for that too.

Personally despite the fact that you really should have a permit, if you are going to check your work online from a cafe or an apartment for example. I personally don't think you need to worry about a permit. I also had a bar for a short while, i didn't require a permit for that as i was not working behind the bar. I could check monies taken etc but i didn't require a permit for this.

Edited by TommyGun

Here we go again!

This question crops up in one form or another with monotonous regularity. YES, it will be no issue to get yourself, your wife (assume she's not Thai) and child, visas of various types. You will all have to do border runs every 90 days to keep your permits valid. If your Missus is Thai there are more options open.

BUT

As noted above, any form of work in Thailand requires a work permit, working over the net even for a non-Thai company is not exempt. Unfortunately the Thai system does not cater for this mode of working so you have two choices:-

1. Form a company, I'm quite sure Siam International will assist in this activity.
  2. Stay under the radar, tell no one what you're doing and hope that you don't piss off a local and get shopped, that said the chances of getting caught are small, but not zero!

As always it's Up2U

Edited by Crossy