How To Stay 8 Months To A Year In Thailand?

I saw someone ask a question not related to this (I didnt want to hijack their thread and change the subject) so I copied what they said here. I want to know how this person is so young, not employed, and has been able to stay in Thailand as long as he has.

Here is what he said:

"I've been living in Thailand now for about 8 months. I'm a 35 year old Australian without a Thai partner or Thai Children and I obviously don't qualify for the 'Retirement' visa. I'm also not currently working."

ok well Im 26, single, American and I just want to stay in Thailand for 8 months to a year like this gentleman has. I too am also unemployed and I have money saved up to live on. I just want to vacation there for that long. How?

1. A three entry tourist visa. (not available everywhere)

2. A multi entry non immigrant visa. (not available most places)

3. Multiple tourist visas.

4. Tourist visas and visa exempt entries combined.

5. Elite card (1.5 million baht).

I saw someone ask a question not related to this (I didnt want to hijack their thread and change the subject) so I copied what they said here. I want to know how this person is so young, not employed, and has been able to stay in Thailand as long as he has.

Here is what he said:

"I've been living in Thailand now for about 8 months. I'm a 35 year old Australian without a Thai partner or Thai Children and I obviously don't qualify for the 'Retirement' visa. I'm also not currently working."

ok well Im 26, single, American and I just want to stay in Thailand for 8 months to a year like this gentleman has. I too am also unemployed and I have money saved up to live on. I just want to vacation there for that long. How?

Double or triple entry tourist visa. Extend each entry at immigration. When expired leave and visit a neighbouring country and get another visa or do some visa exempt entries.

1. A three entry tourist visa. (not available everywhere)

2. A multi entry non immigrant visa. (not available most places)

3. Multiple tourist visas.

4. Tourist visas and visa exempt entries combined.

5. Elite card (1.5 million baht).

Can elaborate on Elite card ? It's new to me.

Here is what he said:

Are you in the US now? If so there should be no reason why you can't apply and receive a 1 year multiple entry non O visa from the Thia embassy or consulate there.

Here is what he said:

Are you in the US now? If so there should be no reason why you can't apply and receive a 1 year multiple entry non O visa from the Thia embassy or consulate there.

Apparently they are not as forthcoming with the 1 yr multi non-O in the US as they are in the UK.

If the guy mentioned in the OP was British he could get this visa very simply. I am 35, not married and have no kids, and I have lived here for nearly 2 years on these visas.

Hello,

thank you for all the help everybody but it says on this website that with a non immigrant O you can only stay a maximum of 90 days, and then have to apply for extensions once you are in Thailand. Does anybody know what the deal would be with plane tickets? Could I just buy a one way ticket and then buy the ticket back to usa AFTER a few months staying in Thailand? Or do you think they will not approve me if I cant show that I intend on leaving after 90 days? http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-type.htm

Edited by ConfusedFarang

Hello,

thank you for all the help everybody but it says on this website that with a non immigrant O you can only stay a maximum of 90 days, and then have to apply for extensions once you are in Thailand. Does anybody know what the deal would be with plane tickets? Could I just buy a one way ticket and then buy the ticket back to usa AFTER a few months staying in Thailand? Or do you think they will not approve me if I cant show that I intend on leaving after 90 days? http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-type.htm

A single entry Non Imm O visa allows a stay of up to 90 days, a multi entry Non Imm O visa allows you to enter as many times as you wish for a period of 1 year and each time to stay up to 90 days. If you enter on a single entry and want to stay longer, you cannot extend in country, you will have to get another visa at a Thai consulate outside Thailand before the expiry of your initial visa and re-enter.

If you hold a visa on entry to Thailand you wont be required to produce evidence of onward or return travel.

Hello,

A single entry Non Imm O visa allows a stay of up to 90 days, a multi entry Non Imm O visa allows you to enter as many times as you wish for a period of 1 year and each time to stay up to 90 days. If you enter on a single entry and want to stay longer, you cannot extend in country, you will have to get another visa at a Thai consulate outside Thailand before the expiry of your initial visa and re-enter.

If you hold a visa on entry to Thailand you wont be required to produce evidence of onward or return travel.

thanks mahout. i appreciate it. certainly cleared that up.

I got a Non Imm O in the States by just paying the fee. I was in and out of the conulate in about 10 minutes. Actually I went there for a 90 day tourist visa and the secretary asked me if I wanted a multiple entry Non Imm O. No documents just the fee. It was my lucky day.

I got a Non Imm O in the States by just paying the fee. I was in and out of the conulate in about 10 minutes. Actually I went there for a 90 day tourist visa and the secretary asked me if I wanted a multiple entry Non Imm O. No documents just the fee. It was my lucky day.

No forms are required if you state on the pplication forms that you are just visiting friends/family....