Cost Of New Fence

mike123ca

Hi Folks,

I just bought 1 rai of land in Ubon. I would like to have a concreate fence to surround the land. Has anybody here built a fence and also give me an idea what this project might cost. I'm also open to other ideas for fence materials.

Mike

Hi Folks,

I just bought 1 rai of land in Ubon. I would like to have a concreate fence to surround the land. Has anybody here built a fence and also give me an idea what this project might cost. I'm also open to other ideas for fence materials.

Mike

I have just finished the project to build a concrete block fence around my house. The area around the house is about 1 rai. We built 180m of wall. the wall is 1.8m high with steel front fence railing and a 4m gate. The foundations and the posts had al the correct steel reinforcement and both inside and outside was rendered. Total cost including steel fence and gate approx 200k. The workers quote me 300 baht per metre for labout and the rest was materials.

Hope this gives you an idea

Hi Folks,

Mike

I have just finished the project to build a concrete block fence around my house. The area around the house is about 1 rai. We built 180m of wall. the wall is 1.8m high with steel front fence railing and a 4m gate. The foundations and the posts had al the correct steel reinforcement and both inside and outside was rendered. Total cost including steel fence and gate approx 200k. The workers quote me 300 baht per metre for labout and the rest was materials.

Hope this gives you an idea

Also do a search for a previous thread on this topic, perhaps using 'wall'.

I should give some more details about the location. The land is not in the center of Ubon, but it is not in the country either. I wuold best describe it as a residential area ( suburban). I was thinking about a 2 metre high concreate block fence for the privacy. After doing a search in TV , I read that this is the type of place that the home burgulars love. The high fence provides them protection from being detected. If I do build a 2 metre fence, I want somthing that will allow easy visability from the road.

Most of the other houses in this loacation have the 2 metre concrete brick walls.

I should give some more details about the location. The land is not in the center of Ubon, but it is not in the country either. I wuold best describe it as a residential area ( suburban). I was thinking about a 2 metre high concreate block fence for the privacy. After doing a search in TV , I read that this is the type of place that the home burgulars love. The high fence provides them protection from being detected. If I do build a 2 metre fence, I want somthing that will allow easy visability from the road.

Most of the other houses in this loacation have the 2 metre concrete brick walls.

I really like the privacy my two meter block wall gives me. We have breeze blocks on both sides of the front gate but solid block the rest of the way around. The wall also keeps kids out and my dog in and he doesn't like strangers.

Three years ago the labor was 260 baht per linear meter so sezzos costs are pretty accurate.

I have a wall of about 1 m and on top of that a metal lattice of 1.5 m. This lets the wind pass - and more importantly - lets me see who passes and does not block communication with passer byes.

In Khon Kaen, the labour for a wall is between 200 and 300 baht/meter. I paid my workmen per day (200 baht + 1 bottle of lao-40 and something to grill every evening). I think I got cheaper this way - and more importantly: I got the quality I wanted and I made friends with the people who worked for me - which are neighbors.

Regards Thedi

I have a wall of about 1 m and on top of that a metal lattice of 1.5 m. This lets the wind pass - and more importantly - lets me see who passes and does not block communication with passer byes.

Regards Thedi

So.... you have 2.5 metre total wall, and the wind passes by, or your wind passes over your wall?

You communicate over this 2.5 metre wall with passers by? You must be very big or are talking through the lattice to those you want to keep out....... confused

• 2 weeks later...

I put in a steel fence 2m tall with concrete posts, at a cost of 1100m. The middle support beam has not been added yet in this photo. Fence is strong, we had a motorbike hit it, damage was minimal. Plus can change out piece if damaged. Fence doesn't crack!