Hotel Accomadation

Hello in here :D

I usually spend my 2-3 weeks in pattaya, thought I'd have a change and visit Koh Samui, but I need a few bits of advice and I hope alll you good people would help out

1, Can any one recommend a decent hotel, usual thing, CLEAN,decent service, a bedroom, a bit of space, a pool for the evenings, decent resturant (mainly for breakfast) not too quiet, but without the rowdiness :o

2 The date of the water festiva ?

3 Decent bars, pubs, resturants (dont mind which type of food, Thai, English, German, but as long as its not crawling off the plate and give me the trots)

Bars and pubs, I know they all sell Singha beer, but a bar or pub where I can just enjoy a drink/snack/meal and not end up in a brawl or drunks falling over :D l

Thanks, all advice/replies are appreciated :D

Question 2 . Songkran is April 14th and 15th.

Congratulations for making the move up from Pattaya. :o

Thank you, just need 1 & 3 now :D

question 1 i recommend seascape beach resort, south chaweng beach road, beautiful beach and clean modern rooms.

question 3 try tropical murphys, always very busy but in a good pub sort of way.

For the best food in Samui and the best service you cant beat "The Islander" situated opposite the pizza hut on the main beach road. Also I have never seen any trouble of any sort in there. Having said that the restaurants in Chaweng are mostly good, just depends what you want to eat and what you want to pay.

Now this is a bit disappointing, no recommendations from anyone (apart from the ones above)

When I needed advice when I went to Pattaya, there were lots of replies and recommendations for peoples favorite hotel, pubs, dives :o

Is it you all want too keep it a secret ?

Or aren't there any other places, hotels, pubs, accommodation you could/can recommend ?

I was hoping for replies from REAL people, not a website

Most people have a favourite haunt, hotel , pub they would like to share with others, these are usually a lot more upto date than a website :o

I agree with you; you deserved much more.

I was hoping for replies from REAL people, not a website

Most people have a favourite haunt, hotel , pub they would like to share with others, these are usually a lot more upto date than a website :D

I agree with you; you deserved much more.

Thanks, considering I generally spend about 2K booking my holiday, air fares and hotel, and spending money (which ends up more) :D , thought it might help out the samui economy (I know my little bit isnt much,) but there must be other tourists who browse in here for ideas and recommendations and it all adds up

Maybe Samui isnt the friendly island I was expecting or hoping for :o

Now this is a bit disappointing, no recommendations from anyone (apart from the ones above)

When I needed advice when I went to Pattaya, there were lots of replies and recommendations for peoples favorite hotel, pubs, dives :o

Or aren't there any other places, hotels, pubs, accommodation you could/can recommend ?

Seems like not a lot of pub-hotel-dive-school managers are contributing to TV Samui!

You like seafood? Go to Ban Makham or Bang Po: Many affordable sea food rest. on the beach

You like fun on the beach: Go to Ark Bar on Chaweng

You like to be quiet: Go to Tongkrut

What do you like?

Edited by ClaudeFeller

Seems like not a lot of pub-hotel-dive-school managers are contributing to TV Samui!

You like seafood? Go to Ban Makham or Bang Po: Many affordable sea food rest. on the beach

You like fun on the beach: Go to Ark Bar on Chaweng

You like to be quiet: Go to Tongkrut

What do you like?

I'll try anything, I want a holiday where I can meet the locals, meet expats, even other tourists, just generally trying to forget work for 2-3 weeks

I'll be with the missus, and she pretty much has a go at most things, trekking, safari, whatever, really, even just sitting on a beach, 'chillin'