Cost Of Living In Buriram

benfica

Hi

There appears to quite a few in the day time but i guess they live in the surrounding villages and as the roads are not that good stay indooors at night.As for work i figure that unless you are a teacher then the answer is no.Pop into the bamboo or the blue ribbon bakery and chat with the farang and they maybe able o help you more than me.

:o

hi, guys just would like to find out what is the cost of living in buriram?roughly how many farangs live in buriram ?do some of you work?how do you go about visas?thanks.
Buriram is a Province as well as a town. When someone says they live in Buriram it could mean either. Would you care to be more specific ?

hi, guys just would like to find out what is the cost of living in buriram?roughly how many farangs live in buriram ?do some of you work?how do you go about visas?thanks.
Buriram is a Province as well as a town. When someone says they live in Buriram it could mean either. Would you care to be more specific ?

Sorry but regarding the Visa it depends on which one. Retirement, extention of stay can be done either at Kap Cheong or Korat and do the 90 day reporting by post using TM47. You can do a border crossing at Kap Cheong if you have to leave the Kingdom. Edited by coventry

Start with this thread? Long Burinam thread

How about answer the guys question. That link does nothing in the 1st page for the guy. Every time some asks a qusetion, he is either told to search or given a link. There are new people every day to the forum and new threads can be started.......

Buriam - can find a nice house to rent for 3,000 to 5,000 baht a month. Electric will depend on your usage of air con and lights. It can be 1000 baht a month to 5000 baht a month. UBC is about 1500 a month for the medium package and internet is about 700 for the lowest high speed package.

Thai made to order meals are 20 to 25 baht in non-aircon restaurants and a bit hire when there is aircon.

I keep hearing that there are 3000 farangs in the Surin / Buriam area. I have never seent hat many at one time of course. I always used to see many at Big C and Macro in Surin. Every time I went there I saw faces I never saw before.

Most farangs either have married VISA or a retired VISA. Not much in the way of work in Isaan unless you want to teach for pennies and often times you will get no VISA with that. You could open a bar or cafe, but you will live day to day becaus there are not enough farangs to support the business and most Thais are not open minded enough to eat at a farang's place or willing to try new Western food. Also you have to bring in enough money to qualify for a work permit. If you do not, you are out of luck.

Your best bet is to get a VISA another way and do some work via the web in the comfort of your own home.

Edited by TheExpat

Start with this thread? Long Burinam thread

How about answer the guys question. That link does nothing in the 1st page for the guy. Every time some asks a qusetion, he is either told to search or given a link. There are new people every day to the forum and new threads can be started.......

Buriam - can find a nice house to rent for 3,000 to 5,000 baht a month. Electric will depend on your usage of air con and lights. It can be 1000 baht a month to 5000 baht a month. UBC is about 1500 a month for the medium package and internet is about 700 for the lowest high speed package.

Thai made to order meals are 20 to 25 baht in non-aircon restaurants and a bit hire when there is aircon.

I keep hearing that there are 3000 farangs in the Surin / Buriam area. I have never seent hat many at one time of course. I always used to see many at Big C and Macro in Surin. Every time I went there I saw faces I never saw before.

Most farangs either have married VISA or a retired VISA. Not much in the way of work in Isaan unless you want to teach for pennies and often times you will get no VISA with that. You could open a bar or cafe, but you will live day to day becaus there are not enough farangs to support the business and most Thais are not open minded enough to eat at a farang's place or willing to try new Western food. Also you have to bring in enough money to qualify for a work permit. If you do not, you are out of luck.

Your best bet is to get a VISA another way and do some work via the web in the comfort of your own home.

thanks expat that was very helpful.

Sorry but regarding the Visa it depends on which one. Retirement, extention of stay can be done either at Kap Cheong or Korat and do the 90 day reporting by post using TM47. You can do a border crossing at Kap Cheong if you have to leave the Kingdom.

buriram town to be specific.