Bkk Auto Wrecker Market - Where

Hog Head

I want to buy a front 1/2 cut of a Subaru STI or WRX and all I get in Chiangmai is mai mee. I am willing to special order from Japan and wait but apparently it is too much work to bother with and no one wants my business

I understand that there is an area in BKK that is an auto wrecker market.

Where is it located and any suggestions on who can get this for me.

Hello :o

I've ben there once. Its on Bangna-Trat road - can't remember how far exactly but opposite side from Central Bangna (on the "Samut Prakan" side of that road). It's called "Zhieng Kong", according to my boyfriend on "Bangna Trat kilometer 12".

They have HUGE amounts of such "half cars", engines etc. VW Golf (Golf III) certainly no problem, Subaru - not sure. We went there to get headlights for a Volvo 460 - "no have". And spent the whole bloody day there because it's a LOT of stuff to see :D

That is a very very large area, if you are looking for something specific better be there early and plan on spending the day there. Oh, and be fluent in Thai - i didn't find anyone there the whole day who could even understand "you have" or "yes/no".

(to get to Bangna-Trat road just drive all the way down Sukhumvit towards Samut Prakhan, until you hit the big intersection "Banga Intersection" (with a low and another high bridge going over it, looks like a forest of concrete pillars. Also the skytrain extension construction site (finished track) currently stops right there. At that intersection turn left and head towards Central Bangna - now you're on Bangna-Trat road (can get to Suvarnabhumi airport too). Just keep going on that road some 15 kilometers or so, u-turn to the other side and go back, you can't miss it (but i'm REALLY not sure how many kilometers exactly!)

Best regards.....

Thanh

The guys are right,

Cheang Khong on Bangna-Trat is the place for all imported Jap car parts.

Not sure if a Subaru complete front end wil be there,but the engine will be.

If not,check on rcweb.net and ask the guys there:)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
The guys are right,

Cheang Khong on Bangna-Trat is the place for all imported Jap car parts.

Not sure if a Subaru complete front end wil be there,but the engine will be.

If not,check on rcweb.net and ask the guys there:)

Good luck

I've seen front ends there and in Chula, behind MBK.

My current GC has a transplanted engine from an STi 2002 model.

U get a better quality of engine if u import from a dealer than if u buy from a breaker's yard.

alright yea their is chula which is behind MBK,,,,

or their is Banga Trat....basicly if u get on the bangna motor way, u come off right after u see i think its a tesco or a bigc on the right hand side if your comming from bkk.... it is inbetween outring road exit and the one before or after...depending the direction,.