How To Divide Long Movie Files Into Two?

garro

How can I divide long video files (e.g. quicktime) into two, so that I can burn them onto a VCD.

I already have a program to convert to VCD but some of my files are too large (1G plus).

I need something that will work on a mac.

I have tried imovies with no success.

How can I divide long video files (e.g. quicktime) into two, so that I can burn them onto a VCD.

I already have a program to convert to VCD but some of my files are too large (1G plus).

I need something that will work on a mac.

I have tried imovies with no success.

I was going to say Nero 8 but im not sure if this will work on mac. Either way it is very good.

It might be a pain but have you tried using iMovie HD. Select half the move and then export. I've not tried it myself but perhaps it's worth a try.

If you want to split them and burn to disk purely for backup you can use hjsplit_g.jar (135kb). But you will have to rejoin them before playing.

If you find another way, let me know, it might come in handy in the future.

Nidge

It might be a pain but have you tried using iMovie HD. Select half the move and then export. I've not tried it myself but perhaps it's worth a try.

If you want to split them and burn to disk purely for backup you can use hjsplit_g.jar (135kb). But you will have to rejoin them before playing.

If you find another way, let me know, it might come in handy in the future.

Nidge

Hi Nidge, how do I select half the movie?

Hi Nidge, how do I select half the movie?

Go to the timeline view. Then from the menu select Markers-add chapter marker. Then right click on marker and select Split video clip at playhead. I just tried it for the first time and it was easy enough. If you still can't do it, pm me and i'll call you

Nidge

Edited by nidge