Thai Man Killed & English House Owner Injured Following House Robbery

Pattaya_Fox

Thai man killed and English House Owner injured following house robbery.

A Thai Man was killed following a house robbery on Monday Afternoon. Police Lieutenant Colonel Tanadaert from Banglamung Police Station was initially called to a house in Nongprue owned by Mr. John Jones aged 48 from England. According to his Thai Wife, Khun Nigorn aged 25 who is heavily pregnant, the pair had returned from a Hospital Appointment to find that three men were inside their house apparently in the process of stealing items. Mr. Jones confronted the three men who proceeded to attack him with an axe. He decided to run away but continued to monitor the movements of the three men who left his house moments later with a bag containing 45,000 Baht in cash and personal documents. Although badly injured, Mr. Jones followed the three men as they left the house on their motorbike. Mr. Jones who was driving a Toyota Vigo pick-up caught up with them and hit their bike at a high rate of speed. One of the men was thrown from the bike and later died in Hospital, the other two men managed to escape with the bag of money. It is unclear at this time how the Police will proceed with this case, however it is likely Mr. Jones will have to go to court to explain the case to a Judge due to the fatality.

post-15964-1201007677_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1201007750_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1201007769_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1201007790_thumb.jpg

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 22nd January 2008

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings on this one. I really hate to see the loss of life, but on the other hand, the miscreants went after the guy with an axe a f'ng axe! Yes, the guy's life was not in danger at the time of the automobile chase, but I still think the guy had some justification in running the bike down. Maybe he did not intend causing a death, who knows.

Maybe he will pay a fee and walk away from this.

TheWalkingMan

Wonder where everybody stands on this, doesn't seem to be many responses to this thread.

Should the guy walk free or should he be up on a murder/manslaughter charge?

Well, lets say he put up a real fight ,chances are at least one of them ( the thais ) would be up on a murder charge, then how would we react, strange isnt it, its almost as if you have double standards,.i see this as a normal reaction, if some b@stards were in my house and had a go at me id have done exactly the same, i say good on him, this will be an interesting outcome for sure,

There has been a lot of mention to the money but no-one has talked about the personal papers they also took. These could be priceless to the man. I could'nt possibly imagine if I would have been mad enough to run them down but I certainly wouldnt have let them get away scot free either. Good luck to the man.

Simple - he killed a man - maybe unintentionally, but still the guy is dead.

Chasing burglars does not give you the right to kill them.

what should he have done ? made a citizens arrest, no i think he did well, killed one scumbag, pity he didnt get them all, :o ,,this is a case where id say you have to have a go, personal invasion, assault/attempted murder, his wife heavily pregnant and probably terrified, i would have done the same,.ill bet he dosent regret it one bit, and i dont blame him,

Wonder where everybody stands on this, doesn't seem to be many responses to this thread.

Well, lets say he put up a real fight ,chances are at least one of them ( the thais ) would be up on a murder charge, then how would we react, strange isnt it, its almost as if you have double standards,.i see this as a normal reaction, if some b@stards were in my house and had a go at me id have done exactly the same, i say good on him, this will be an interesting outcome for sure,

Who has double standards?

Is this honestly your first thought on this case? Three men break into a guys home and he returns to disturb them, so they attack him with an axe badly injuring him and all you can say is that 'he killed a man'. You almost sound like you are backing the attackers.

I give the guy 10 out of 10 for having the balls to chase them and unintentionally kill a man because they could have so easily unintentionally killed him. They had no right whatsoever to be on his property and hopefully this might just deter others from trying the same type of burgulary.

I would like to ask what you would have done in this situation given that you are so quick to criticise his actions.

Rick

Who has double standards?

sorry, you was meant for some of the posters.not yourself Edited by mikethevigoman

I give the guy 10 out of 10 for having the balls to chase them and unintentionally kill a man

Rewind a bit, where did it say he unintentionally killed the man? Maybe that was his every intention. If you are going to judge a case at least judge it on the evidence provided, don't make things up.

They of course have no right to be on his property. On the other hand he had no right to to kill one of them did he?

Edited by burman

I give the guy 10 out of 10 for having the balls to chase them and unintentionally kill a man

Rewind a bit, where did it say he unintentionally killed the man? Maybe that was his every intention. If you are going to judge a case at least judge it on the evidence provided, don't make things up.

They of course have no right to be on his property. On the other hand he had no right to to kill one of them did he?

I was standing on the corner when this happened, he failed to stop in time, it was an accident your honour ! :o ..come on put yourself in his place,this is somewhat like what the french call " a crime of passion " done while the balance of the mind was disturbed, .

Did you really see this Mike?

Fair enough on your unintentional comment then, but I guess that might only move the guy down to a manslaughter charge were he outside of France and in the UK or USA for example. In Thailand I guess some baht to the family will be enough.

:o so u were on the other side of corner to me well that make 2 any more mybe his friends will come to claim the bike back for thire next job on one of your houses

I was standing on the corner when this happened, he failed to stop in time, it was an accident your honour ! :D ..come on put yourself in his place,this is somewhat like what the french call " a crime of passion " done while the balance of the mind was disturbed, .

Is this honestly your first thought on this case? Three men break into a guys home and he returns to disturb them, so they attack him with an axe badly injuring him and all you can say is that 'he killed a man'. You almost sound like you are backing the attackers.

I give the guy 10 out of 10 for having the balls to chase them and unintentionally kill a man because they could have so easily unintentionally killed him. They had no right whatsoever to be on his property and hopefully this might just deter others from trying the same type of burgulary.

I would like to ask what you would have done in this situation given that you are so quick to criticise his actions.

Rick

They attacked him with an axe badly injuring him - on his own property -

They were in the process of taking away his possessions -

He was in a life threatening situation - three on one -

Thank God he had the courage to persue them -

Edited by bulmercke

Did you really see this Mike?

Fair enough on your unintentional comment then, but I guess that might only move the guy down to a manslaughter charge were he outside of France and in the UK or USA for example. In Thailand I guess some baht to the family will be enough.

no i didnt see it luckily, i was just thinking if it was a thai some "witness ' may have come out of the woodwork, i hope they are not too hard on him, im sure he wont get as bad a sentance as in france or the uk, life is not as valuable here it seems, :o

Rick

He wasn't in a life threatening situation when he killed the guy, he was in a van chasing them.

As an aside - I would seriously advise John Jones to immediately vacate his residence in Nong Prue - at least for a temporary period -

Whether intentionally or not - he has killed a Thai citizen - in Pattaya - under aggravating circumstances -

Thais can be - by nature - extremely vindictive and revengeful individuals -

One of their own has been slain by a falang - whatever the circumstances -

Who knows whether one of the deceased friends or relatives isn't already at this moment planning and plotting revenge?

As an aside - I would seriously advise John Jones to immediately vacate his residence in Nong Prue - at least for a temporary period -

Whether intentionally or not - he has killed a Thai citizen - in Pattaya - under aggravating circumstances -

Thais can be - by nature - extremely vindictive and revengeful individuals -

One of their own has been slain by a falang - whatever the circumstances -

Who knows whether one of the deceased friends or relatives isn't already at this moment planning and plotting revenge?

I agree with you,his live could be in danger now.HE SHOULD HAVE GOT ALL 3 OF THEM.

:o

Rick

He wasn't in a life threatening situation when he killed the guy, he was in a van chasing them.

how do u know so much mybe his friends will put a claim in as well . he didnt kill the guy . he killed one of the three that were trying to kill him at his home not thire homes get real mate mybe were put some money in a pot so he can repair his truck