Seeking Secondhand Office Furniture

chiangmaibruce

Hi. have searched the forum and looked in the classifieds but no luck, so a quick post ...

I am looking for basic office furniture and equipment to set up a temporary office (for a book project). This includes desk, chair, table, cabinets, whiteboard, etc. Also need a desktop computer and printer (ideally a copier/scanner/printer/fax unit). I don't care what any of it looks like as long as it is functional and reliable... and it needs to be cheap.

Perhaps a TV member has some of this gear for sale OR knows of a shop or auction house that sells this type of stuff. All leads gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

- CB

Hi. have searched the forum and looked in the classifieds but no luck, so a quick post ...

I am looking for basic office furniture and equipment to set up a temporary office (for a book project). This includes desk, chair, table, cabinets, whiteboard, etc. Also need a desktop computer and printer (ideally a copier/scanner/printer/fax unit). I don't care what any of it looks like as long as it is functional and reliable... and it needs to be cheap.

Perhaps a TV member has some of this gear for sale OR knows of a shop or auction house that sells this type of stuff. All leads gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

- CB

This ad would seem to fit your criteria, including being not beautiful and cheap.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/miscellane...chair-2705.html

Thanks. Just the ticket ... but unfortunately already sold.

- CB

I have some of the stuff you are looking for, which we advertised a few months ago. Unfortunately, the furniture is in a house in Sansai, and I live in Phuket..! And at the moment, I am in Indonesia, so a bit difficult to help..? Also, I paid quite a lot for it, when it was auctioned by the former British Consulate, so I am not really giving it away. It is all good quality, and in excellent condition. It includes a large table, some chairs, bookshelves, cabinets etc. The computer desk I took with me. I might be up in Chiang Mai in April, so if you're still interested then, let me know. Good luck with your book project..!

yes, i would also be most interested to learn of a source for 2nd hand office furniture and equipment. I have had a look around and found a place selling new office furniture - in the street parallel to Thapae Road (opp. direction to Loy Khro Rd) - but so far not secondhand stuff. Any leads anyone ? :o

Hi,

Could you give me some more information about the furniture what you have for sale.

What is it for wood, what quality?

I´m looking for some nice good quality furniture what I can use in our new home.

Maybe you have some pictures of it.

At the moment we are staying in Laguna Home in Sansai until the end of this year when the house is ready.

Looking forwards to hear from you,

Eric Nagtegaal

I have some of the stuff you are looking for, which we advertised a few months ago. Unfortunately, the furniture is in a house in Sansai, and I live in Phuket..! And at the moment, I am in Indonesia, so a bit difficult to help..? Also, I paid quite a lot for it, when it was auctioned by the former British Consulate, so I am not really giving it away. It is all good quality, and in excellent condition. It includes a large table, some chairs, bookshelves, cabinets etc. The computer desk I took with me. I might be up in Chiang Mai in April, so if you're still interested then, let me know. Good luck with your book project..!

Hi

- CB

I just recently bought a new Canon Pixma MP145 printer, copier, scanner for 2300 baht. VERY happy with it so far, and I think many TV members are as well. They had the same one but with the fax capability for I think an extra 1000 or 2000 baht. Even so, quite cheap to buy brand new.

Hi Zeak

Where did you buy it from? If I can't get good secondhand stuff then I guess it will have to be new :o

I still have no leads on where to buy second hand office furniture and we have certainly hunted for it.

The issue is that it will only be a temporary office - maybe 6-9 months only - and we don't have room for everything in our house afterwards. I am just hoping that an expat family will have a yard sale soon and I can get at least some of the stuff that way. I am also looking for a basic old desktop PC just for writing & web browsing. For new office furniture the cheapest place we have found (for reasonable quality) is in Changmoi Road.

- CB