Ampur Location

track61

This is probably an impossible quest, however comma, sometimes we need to take on a windmill. TIT.

The Ampur for the village I live in is Non Sung, which is about 60kms away. Our mail comes only 3 times a week, some weeks, and then is left at a small shop about a klick away. (Example. a friend sent a half kilo EMS package from Pattaya and I got it in just 13 days). Khong is the Ampur for every other village around here and is about 6 kms away. My mother-in-laws mail is delivered to her house everyday, including Sat., and an EMS post from BKK or Pattaya never takes more than 2 days, sometimes it's delivered the next day. The Khong postman drives right by my house on his way to my mother-in-laws. As you know, one has to go to the Ampur to do anything gov't related, personal, land, tax, license, etc. etc. The next village going toward Non Sung is about 15kms closer. It is totally illogical for Khong not to be the Ampur for this village. My questions are does anyone know; 1/how an Ampur is chosen, and 2/the process(if any) to petition, plead, beg, or whatever a change of Ampur? Any advice is appreciated.