Temporary Workpermit

You could try to get a year long WP. Work the days you want and take the rest as holidays.

I think you do have to have a work schedule when you apply, but not sure how that works.

But aren't there required salaries? I doubt you could reach the needed amount working so little.

There seems to be some kind of work permits where this might work. You are supposed to have work permits for going to seminars and things, so they must have something for short term needs. Plus pro golfers are supposed to have work permits when they come to Thailand and the tour operator usually arranges these from what I hear.

As for as I've heard, required salaries are for extension of stay based on work permit and not necessary in every situation. Also, even those who volunteer for no money are supposed to have work permits, so yes, you could get a work permit I believe.

You could try to get a year long WP. Work the days you want and take the rest as holidays.

I think you do have to have a work schedule when you apply, but not sure how that works.

But aren't there required salaries? I doubt you could reach the needed amount working so little.

There seems to be some kind of work permits where this might work. You are supposed to have work permits for going to seminars and things, so they must have something for short term needs. Plus pro golfers are supposed to have work permits when they come to Thailand and the tour operator usually arranges these from what I hear.

Intersting subject this.

I would have though seminars would be treated no different to business trips provided any salary paid originates outside Thailand.

So a pro golfer playing a tournament in Thailand is liable for Thai tax or is there a loophole by where tax free status can be claimed?

Maybe dr PP could give a rough outline on the sort of activities that may be covered by temporary work permits?