Translation

livinseoul

Please............................

ตัวเอง ตัวเองต้องไปแจ้งการใช้สิทธิเลือกตั้ง

ส.ว. น่ะที่กงสุนน่ะ ถ้าไม่งั้นตัวเองจะไม่มีสิทธิในการทำงาน เช่น ถ้าตัวเองไปใช้สิทธิตัวเองจะไปทำงานที่ไหนไม่ได้จนกว่าจะมีการเลือกตั้งอีกครั้งนะมีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วยน่ะรักเสมอ

.........ทิพย์.........

ตัวเอง ตัวเองต้องไปแจ้งการใช้สิทธิเลือกตั้ง ส.ว. น่ะที่กงสุนน่ะ ถ้าไม่งั้นตัวเองจะไม่มีสิทธิในการทำงาน เช่น ถ้าตัวเองไปใช้สิทธิตัวเองจะไปทำงานที่ไหนไม่ได้จนกว่าจะมีการเลือกตั้งอีกครั้งนะมีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วยน่ะรักเสมอ

.........ทิพย์.........

I need to let them know that I will exercise my right to vote for the candidate for the Senate at the Thai Consulate. If I do not do this, I will not have any right to employment. For example, if I [do not] go to exercise my right to vote, I will not be able to work until the next time there is an election. This is all I have to tell you. Let's talk by telephone again, o.k.? Love you always.

Tip

1. Note I believe that กงสุน is misspelled it should be กงสุล.

2. "ถ้าตัวเองไปใช้" – I think this should be "ถ้าตัวเองไม่ใช้"

3. It is not clear what "เล่นด้ว" means. Is this slang or teen talk for "get together"?

Edited by DavidHouston

ตัวเอง ตัวเองต้องไปแจ้งการใช้สิทธิเลือกตั้ง ส.ว. น่ะที่กงสุนน่ะ ถ้าไม่งั้นตัวเองจะไม่มีสิทธิในการทำงาน เช่น ถ้าตัวเองไปใช้สิทธิตัวเองจะไปทำงานที่ไหนไม่ได้จนกว่าจะมีการเลือกตั้งอีกครั้งนะมีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วยน่ะรักเสมอ

.........ทิพย์.........

I need to let them know that I will exercise my right to vote for the candidate for the Senate at the Thai Consulate. If I do not do this, I will not have any right to employment. For example, if I [do not] go to exercise my right to vote, I will not be able to work until the next time there is an election. This is all I have to tell you. Let's talk by telephone again, o.k.? Love you always.

Tip

1. Note I believe that กงสุน is misspelled it should be กงสุล.

2. "ถ้าตัวเองไปใช้" – I think this should be "ถ้าตัวเองไม่ใช้"

3. It is not clear what "เล่นด้ว" means. Is this slang or teen talk for "get together"?

David,

The phrase จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วย is saying, " will phone [you] for a chat (i.e. for fun เล่น)

AjarnP :o

Not 100% sure, but is it possible ตัวเอง here is to be interpreted as a you, or a generalistic 'one' instead of an 'I'? I.e. 'One has to register one's intention to vote... etc.'

Perhaps it does not matter so much; the core message will remain the same, if it applies to everyone then it will apply to the writer as well.

It is not clear what "เล่นด้ว" means. Is this slang or teen talk for "get together"?

The phrase is จะ โทร ไป เล่น ด้วย น่ะ ... รัก เสมอ

So probably just 'I'll give you a call later, love you always.'

i.e. เล่น as in คุยเล่น , chat informally, 'shoot the breeze' etc.? (EDIT: Ajarn P beat me to it :o)

มีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วยน่ะรัก

i think you missed out "if i have any problem i'll tell you"

โทรไปเล่นด้วย , (rather than เล่นด้ว ) ,does this mean "shoot the breeze" , talk for fun , just have a chat ?

thanks for that translation dh , i've been staring at it all morning but until you pointed out the spelling mistake it just didnt make complete sense.

ตัวเอง in this context means 'you'

มีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ จะ โทรไปเล่นด้วยน่ะรัก

i think you missed out "if i have any problem i'll tell you"

David's translation is correct for ' มีเรื่องจะบอกแค่นี้แหละ '--This is all I have to tell you.