Cheap Phone Calls

tatom

A friend showed me a CAT phone card and the booklet that came with it. He could call Germany for 2 baht a min., and the booklet said the rate to the US was 90 satang per min..

He has a land line phone, but there are no phonelines where I live and I only have a mobile phone. The question I have is, can I use that card with a mobile without being charged 5 baht per min. by 1-2-call?

If you don't want to pay the 1-2-Call charges you need to use a service that offers free callback.

In this case, you dial a local number, hang up after 1 ring, and the system calls you back. You can then enter the enter the number you wish to dial, and there are no charges from AIS.

I do this all the time on my Deedial account and don't have any problems. As an example, using this service and the countries you listed I get 1.50 to the US, and 1.50 to fixed lines in Germany. TV rules say no links, but just Google Deedial if you are interested and it will pop right up.

There are other companies that offer this service also, but this is the one I'm familiar with.

Hope this helps.

No need for google, deedial is the internet/communications forum sponsor, just click on the deedial banner ad :o

Deedial is not that good

I have used both DeeDial and CAT Calling Card and use them to call Singapore, US, Canada

DeeDial - Canada (2 bahts per min) .. Singapore/USA (1.5 bahts per min) - Call Back Service

CAT - Canada,Singapore,USA (2 bahts per min) - Toll Free Line

CAT has much better call quality than DeeDial. I encountered distortions & delays in DeeDial's calls.

I personally would pay the extra 0.5 bahts using CAT.

Edited by mmkin