Underseal

matter

Do new cars in Thailand not come with any form of underseal on them already?

I have been following the coments in threads about people buying cars from new, and it seems that you need to arrange this as an extra when you buy a car.

If that is the case, do you normally get it done at the place you buy the car, or do they sub contract that out to a body shop?

Any direct experience or advice about this appreciated.

Do new cars in Thailand not come with any form of under seal on them already?

I have been following the coments in threads about people buying cars from new, and it seems that you need to arrange this as an extra when you buy a car.

If that is the case, do you normally get it done at the place you buy the car, or do they sub contract that out to a body shop?

Any direct experience or advice about this appreciated.

HI matter

I picked up on this luckily before finalizing a deal with Isuzu here in Surin.

Along with many other 'extras', I got them to undersell my new truck. It took 2 days and they said a guy from BKK came up and did job on-site :o

A very neat & professional job was done and they quoted it would normally cost 3,600b

I would suggest that this is one extra that is far more important than the tacky plastic gizmo's you see on the cars/trucks over here :D

Dave

what kind of underseal are we talking about here?

in the states they try to sell you an underspray and it is well regarded as a suckers bet, its basically a cheap useless rust spray if anything.

i assume that what you are talking about is something different as rust isnt the issue here.

what kind of underseal are we talking about here?

in the states they try to sell you an underspray and it is well regarded as a suckers bet, its basically a cheap useless rust spray if anything.

i assume that what you are talking about is something different as rust isnt the issue here.

Rust is an issue here, albeit maybe with older cars rather than brand new! The roof sills of my old Corolla managed to rust out a bit.

I've seen a couple of posts about the underseal before but can't track them down anymore.

I had one car in Thailand before that had been 'sealed', and it was done with a very thick, sticky black sealent. It looked like it could have been parked underwater for 20 years and not a single barnacle could have attached itself!

Any one with recent experince of buying a NEW car and getting it done?

Any one with recent experience of buying a NEW car and getting it done?

See post No.2.

It was done 3 weeks ago, is that new enough for you ? :o

Dave

Sorry mate!

Maybe I should save the money and spend it on some reading glasses!!!