Being 'buzzed' by a military helicopter

Sitting in my office at the pointy end and a military chopper has been flying over very low.

Impossible to have a nap.

I am told that the folk are here from Bangkok (DSI last time) surveying Samui and checking for illegal land titles and other 'anomalies'. Some plots near me are dodgy. (Four chanote titles have been revoked and more under consideration. They are on the last stage of appeal.)

I cannot confirm the reason for the survey, the local Thais told me, but that helicopter is not just sightseeing.

The navy were also 'parked up' off shore yesterday.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 10:02 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Sitting in my office at the pointy end and a military chopper has been flying over very low.

Impossible to have a nap.

I am told that the folk are here from Bangkok (DSI last time) surveying Samui and checking for illegal land titles and other 'anomalies'. Some plots near me are dodgy. (Four chanote titles have been revoked and more under consideration. They are on the last stage of appeal.)

I cannot confirm the reason for the survey, the local Thais told me, but that helicopter is not just sightseeing.

The navy were also 'parked up' off shore yesterday.

They are defiantly after you, can't you see it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Week or so ago they were buzzing around here, all day (rare), though seemed to have calmed down now.   Same with a larger prop plane, either Saab 340 or Basler BT-67.   Noticed more parachute training also.    We are near the Myanmar border, but away from any internal conflicts of Myanmar.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1