Where can I learn how to drive and obtain a driving license?

3 hours ago, MichaelJackson said:

Good morning, everyone. Do you guys know some driving school that is affordable, and at the end of the class, I will be able to get a driving license?

Well, many Thais try their whole life learning how to drive.....and fail. Some get their license on the way/street🙏

• Agree 1

Attend your local Land Transport Office, they should have information on available facilities in your area. There has been an increase in such training facilities in recent years.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, MichaelJackson said:

Good morning, everyone. Do you guys know some driving school that is affordable, and at the end of the class, I will be able to get a driving license?

May as well teach yourself to drive, it has to be  just as safe as any Thai driving instructor

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

Your dead just use your wings

and - steer clear of schools and playgrounds

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You did not just ask about getting a driving license, but also learning how to drive.

I would STRONGLY suggest to you, that this is absolutely NOT the country where a beginner should try and "learn" how to drive, you WILL be in trouble very soon, and many times!

ONLY a person who has driven in many countries, knowing the minor differences in each place, MAY be able to cope with the madness which occur on Thailand roads daily, 24/7!

Even for those with extensive driving experience elsewhere, there is a really steep learning curve, which we ALL had to go through, to stay out of jail for hitting motorcycles speeding past you on the left side, cars coming out from a small side soi when you're actually going pretty fast down the main road, etc. etc. etc.!

In the meantime, please consider bolt or the many other online taxi companies operating.

Edited by CanadaSam
Spelling.
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

If you Google 'driving schools in Bangkok' and you'll come up with a long list of them. I've just counted about 20. You'll need to find one that has an English speaking instructor (obviously) and is officially approved by the DLT.

They usually run 1 week intensive courses which culminates in the theory and driving test followed by the issue of your license at the DLT. It's a 'one stop shop' procedure. The link below is the web site of one of these schools, but obviously the location will be a factor that only you can assess. Good luck. 

https://www.skdriving.com

• Agree 1