Over Staying Visa

if one was to go to thailand and just overstay your visa do many people do that ,or would it be easier to marry a thai and stay .be grateful for your input

Many people overstay for years sooner or later you have to get it resolved, it can be resolved by a nice immigration copper for 20,000 baht approx. If you get caught though you better grow fond of the nice friendly Thai version of "Bubba" wanting you to cuddle him of an evening.

I dont think its easy to marry anyone.

If you want a 1 year visa with not much hassle go and learn Thai for a year.

Use 100 of your 100,000 savings and get a proper visa, non-o from Hull will see you good for up to 15 months :D

As to what happens if you overstay:-

• Minimum will be 500 Baht per day (max 20,000) fine at the airport and a nasty 'overstay' stamp in your PP.
  • Worst? Arrest, vacation in the IDC, deportation, persona non gratia status.

An awful lot of people seem to get away with just the maximum fine, of course, you could just be the 0.001% who gets jailed :o

Most of these guys are pulling your leg. If you're British, go to Hull and get a proper visa They are not expensive, (about $50 U.S..) and not difficult to get. No reason for you NOT to get a visa, then you are "clean", and if you play your cards right, (You'll learn after you're here a while), you can live here almost indefinitely, if you play by the rules.

It's all worth it, but if you cheat, and get caught, the penalties are extreme. Use your head, and the information that's available on this forum.......and good luck, ErnieK

I,m sick of uk its so deoressing i,m 43 and have about 100 grand saved up would people recommend me to come to thailand for good and how hard is it to stay ,cheers for any input
Use 100 of your 100,000 savings and get a proper visa

I think the "100 grand" reference was baht or perhaps Lao Kip.

Most of these guys are pulling your leg. If you're British, go to Hull and get a proper visa They are not expensive, (about $50 U.S..) and not difficult to get. No reason for you NOT to get a visa, then you are "clean", and if you play your cards right, (You'll learn after you're here a while), you can live here almost indefinitely, if you play by the rules.

It's all worth it, but if you cheat, and get caught, the penalties are extreme. Use your head, and the information that's available on this forum.......and good luck, ErnieK

Ernie.

The OP was talking about getting a visa ... THEN overstaying :o

Naka.