Bringing A Parrot To Thailand From The Us?

In less than a year, if all goes well, I will be moving to Bangkok on a retirement visa. I can't see any road blocks in that regard. I have four parrots, three of which I can part with, with little angst. One, however, is the sweetest little bird (a peach front conure) that you can imagine. I will hate to part with her. But it also seems impractical to try and bring her with me. Air travel? Difficult to image...she can be noisy I would guess in the cabin, and I assume cargo hold would not be safe due to temperature and/or air pressure. I would wonder about entry into the country as well. So, I am assuming this is, from practical and safety standpoints, a dead-end. Or, am I wrong? Are there alternatives of which I am not aware?

Thanks for asking this ... my boyfriend would like to bring his birds here if we return. The pinned topic discusses other pets but has no answers on birds.

Does anyone know about BIRDS? (Not cats, not dogs, not for this thread.) :-)

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
Thanks for asking this ... my boyfriend would like to bring his birds here if we return. The pinned topic discusses other pets but has no answers on birds.

Does anyone know about BIRDS? (Not cats, not dogs, not for this thread.) :-)

Thanks!

I'm dealing with Customs @ Swampy Airport in the next 48 hrs, I'll ask & let you know.

For entry in Thailand you can find some info on the following website.

http://www.dld.go.th/dcontrol/move/menu38e.html

And you can contact them directly with your questions:

Tel. (02) 653-4444 # 4174,4175,4177-4179

Fax. (02) 653-4865

E-mail : [email protected]

For the other questions you may want to pm the Thaivisa member p1p. To what I've understood he has quite some experience with parrots etc. in Thailand.

Nienke