Is This Just Another " Sick Buffalo"- Story?

dannyh2000uk

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so wots the problem then . send her 100k baht. she ask you give. case closed.

sound like you drama man. very entertaining.

get a job dude. dont spend yr time posting here.

Oh Blizz have you read this whole post??

Anyway best of luck with your charmed life. but be aware it can all change very quickly, and oneday you'll see that

its not the color of her skin that makes her unsightly................lol .

this guy is a troll or wot? he playing all of us like a fiddle.

i dont think anyone cares about yr opening concern, bout the old lady with the debt. people here want u to be a man and take care of baby.

Troll me thinks.

Looking for advice? Does he not know he needs a job? What other advice he needs? Junk cliches provided by sympathetic posters are worth hitting a shreader.

And that "gorgeous" girl - he could have found somebody more presentable and demure to act on her behalf.

What a drama - 3K US$ pittance she is asking from a man who left her with the baby, disappeared and may never return.

Or she has sensed he is a deadwood that would do something silly (like posting the story and videos on this board) rather than showing maturity and assuming parental duties? Well, he's done that to 5 other kids, why would she trust him? Looks like it is happening to the sixth.

Or, could he be running a scam on his own? To get us here to chip in? Hmmm....

its not the color of her skin that makes her unsightly................lol .

this guy is a troll or wot? he playing all of us like a fiddle.

i dont think anyone cares about yr opening concern, bout the old lady with the debt. people here want u to be a man and take care of baby.

Troll me thinks.

Looking for advice? Does he not know he needs a job? What other advice he needs? Junk cliches provided by sympathetic posters are worth hitting a shreader.

And that "gorgeous" girl - he could have found somebody more presentable and demure to act on her behalf.

What a drama - 3K US$ pittance she is asking from a man who left her with the baby, disappeared and may never return.

Or she has sensed he is a deadwood that would do something silly (like posting the story and videos on this board) rather than showing maturity and assuming parental duties? Well, he's done that to 5 other kids, why would she trust him? Looks like it is happening to the sixth.

Or, could he be running a scam on his own? To get us here to chip in? Hmmm....

Oh god, please read the whole post.

<deleted> I am not asking for anything but advice on the situation at hand- not on how X speaks, Not on how X looks, Not on why my life is a mess, Not on what anybody considers 100,000 baht to be, not on My age, Not on her age, Not on Pattaya.

And what is your defination of deadwood? somebody who worked there whole life and got 4 kids to live in a lovely country house in the best bit of the uk?

Stop judging I thought this forum was above that sh#t I thought you all left farangeland to get away from that.

Edited by dannyh2000uk

i agree life ca change for all of us.

but dude the little girl is the one who is going to pay for your indiscretions with a disco girl..........how sad.

op refrring us to his video again is defintie evidence he is playing with us. maybe he is producing a movie. or just cuckoo.

Well Dan, as usual your post has attracted the full spectrum of responses, from the supportive and sympathetic to the insulting and derogatory. I am not an expert on Thai/Farang relationships but I do have a good knowledge of Thai culture. Having read all the thread and seen your you tube video, I feel very sorry for your plight. I do not believe your girl is trying to scam you, there are many people here who have had their views on Thai's tainted by their own experiences and they are the first ones to put you and your Thai girlfriend down - IGNORE THEM! Their opinions are worthless and in the long run provide no useful advice to someone in your situation.

I have known many Thai girls from many walks of life and one thing they all have in common is their loyalty to and love for family, some of them, particularly the first born, assume responsibility for the entire family's well being. They see it as their duty to provide for the rest of the family. I know one girl who has built a house in Si Sa Ket for her family and is now planning to pay for her sisters daughters education in an international school, this despite the fact that she is not very well off herself.

Your girlfriend exudes openness and good character in the video and your daughter is beatiful. If there is any way for you to provide the 100 k, then as an act of trust and good faith you should provide it. Forget the doom and gloom merchants who say it will set a precedent and you will become the family ATM. At the end of the day it is not much money (probably less than half of what your initial holiday to Thailand with your family cost) and it will show her that you genuinely care about her and your daughter.

With respect to your first wife, don't feel too bad, it happened to me too, although not with one of my friends, I also had a marriage of 18 years and lost everything except the love and respect of my children. I imagine your children from the first marriage range in age from 12 up? They are not stupid, they will recognize that you are not to blame for the break-up. It is important that you do not bad mouth your ex to them, even if she tries to poison them against you. In the situation you find yourself in an eye for an eye is not an appropriate motto.

I wish you every success in your endeavours to get back on your feet, I think you have found a good Thai woman regardless of what form of employment she had before you met her. By the way, many Thai women visit Pattaya for reasons other than prostitution!

Good Luck Dan. :o

With respect to the payment of 100 k If as others predict you are thought of as the ATM you can always say no if they ask for more.

Edited by midasthailand

Well Dan, as usual your post has attracted the full spectrum of responses, from the supportive and sympathetic to the insulting and derogatory. I am not an expert on Thai/Farang relationships but I do have a good knowledge of Thai culture. Having read all the thread and seen your you tube video, I feel very sorry for your plight. I do not believe your girl is trying to scam you, there are many people here who have had their views on Thai's tainted by their own experiences and they are the first ones to put you and your Thai girlfriend down - IGNORE THEM! Their opinions are worthless and in the long run provide no useful advice to someone in your situation.

I have known many Thai girls from many walks of life and one thing they all have in common is their loyalty to and love for family, some of them, particularly the first born, assume responsibility for the entire family's well being. They see it as their duty to provide for the rest of the family. I know one girl who has built a house in Si Sa Ket for her family and is now planning to pay for her sisters daughters education in an international school, this despite the fact that she is not very well off herself.

Your girlfriend exudes openness and good character in the video and your daughter is beatiful. If there is any way for you to provide the 100 k, then as an act of trust and good faith you should provide it. Forget the doom and gloom merchants who say it will set a precedent and you will become the family ATM. At the end of the day it is not much money (probably less than half of what your initial holiday to Thailand with your family cost) and it will show her that you genuinely care about her and your daughter.

With respect to your first wife, don't feel too bad, it happened to me too, although not with one of my friends, I also had a marriage of 18 years and lost everything except the love and respect of my children. I imagine your children from the first marriage range in age from 12 up? They are not stupid, they will recognize that you are not to blame for the break-up. It is important that you do not bad mouth your ex to them, even if she tries to poison them against you. In the situation you find yourself in an eye for an eye is not an appropriate motto.

I wish you every success in your endeavours to get back on your feet, I think you have found a good Thai woman regardless of what form of employment she had before you met her. By the way, many Thai women visit Pattaya for reasons other than prostitution!

With respect to the payment of 100 k If as others predict you are thought of as the ATM you can always say no if they ask for more.

Thank you so much midas, your reply resonated with me, so I guess that is the way to go

but dude the little girl is the one who is going to pay for your indiscretions with a disco girl..........how sad.

I am doing all I can to make her situation better, don't you think it doesn't play on my mind everyday?

but what to do, get her here, or pay for decent education there.

It is easy for me to get her dual passport, but If you know UK, is it really better here?

Wow, how much is an insight like this worth? Platitudes...platitudes.

3K $ for supporting a child over months and months is something he should have sent and double, triple, without questioning or asking for advice.

One does not need any advice about having to find a job when he is broke.

Advice may be needed on how to make/get money without a job.

Not fair, think_too_mutt.

Dishing out meaningless platitudes and 'there there, it will be oks" is much much more helpful than suggesting people face up to their responsibilities. As midastouch said, he knows a lot about Thai culture (from his bolthole in Sydney). He has every right to post assinine bullshit disguised as meaningful advice.

Get a grip.

guys ,I have sent nearly 30,000 baht since I have been back in the Uk- borrowed.

That I think has kept my daughter.

This is not about responsibilities, this is about am I being scammed.

Surely on this forum you guys know all the angles, why are you now laying into me.

I never said " all Thai people are con artists", but after my painful uk seperation, I am aware that I am ripe for the taking, I just wanted info on what you thought, and if this was a common theme.

Edited by dannyh2000uk

"Oh Blizz have you read this whole post?? Anyway best of luck with your charmed life. but be aware it can all change very quickly, and oneday you'll see that "

Come on, Danny, buck up! My original post was "don't pay", and your response was "I should pay". When someone posts, "you should pay", your response is "I don't have to". I think that it's pathetic that a middle-aged man is in such a confused emotional state that he has to rely on advise from strangers...and then chooses to argue with them.

I read a doctor's response about seeking medical advice from strangers on the web, "If you believe the advice of strangers, rather than that from your doctor, change your doctor." Perhaps therapy is in your future.

Danny, I don't get it :o . Why are you sitting up all night on thaivisa instead of getting a good night's sleep so you can be up early Monday morning to look for a job :D .

good question, the answer, I have been Ghosting at a broadcast company over the weekend.

and Having been freelance for 20+ years I am aware that to get the job I must not seem desperate.

so I have emailed them and are awaiting shifts ( which are 24 hours not 9-5).

"Oh Blizz have you read this whole post?? Anyway best of luck with your charmed life. but be aware it can all change very quickly, and oneday you'll see that "

Come on, Danny, buck up! My original post was "don't pay", and your response was "I should pay". When someone posts, "you should pay", your response is "I don't have to". I think that it's pathetic that a middle-aged man is in such a confused emotional state that he has to rely on advise from strangers...and then chooses to argue with them.

I read a doctor's response about seeking medical advice from strangers on the web, "If you believe the advice of strangers, rather than that from your doctor, change your doctor." Perhaps therapy is in your future.

I have not argued with anyone, except when they have gone off subject.

and therapy might well be in the future, but in answer to " such a confused state" well surely that is why I am asking for advice, because if I wasn't I would not need it. qed

Yo Danny.

I appreciate the situation here. It is deep. Saw your vid, the girl is lovely. I think you have a good thing. And now the daughter too. I'm with everything Midas said. And I also see Bendix's perspective. I read in an earlier post where you said ".....this thread is not about x, y, z." I totally understand your feelings there, but I have to say it is. You've got a lot of us believing you here and then looking at your situation and it's hard to hold back. All I can say is that I sympathize. But at this point, with a child, you do have to look at your money, your life, your work, your course of action for the future. That is the truth. If others comments got under your skin, it's for a reason - it struck a chord in you. I can only imagine the frustration and ruined feeling of a divorce that takes everything away from you like that. But it's also time to get back up on the horse and ride. You've got to pick yourself up here and do good with a good lady and a daughter. You're young, you can work. And you should work hard. Right now. Like it or not. Maybe England sucks. But also it can suck trying to scrape by in LOS as many do. You have alot of choices in front of you, but some are rather compulsory here. Again, tough situation. But you seem a sensitive guy who knows to do the right thing. That's all the others who are looking at other aspects of your life are talking about. It reminds me of the many kids who later grow up to realize their dads worked in shitty jobs they hated just to provide for their families just so they had a better lot in life - or the best lot possible for them. That sacrifice is what it comes down to. You, your other family, your friends, and ultimately the kid would understand and respect you for that sacrifice now. And you'd be doing it for the right people. Best of luck to you.

This is not about responsibilities, this is about am I being scammed.

Yes and no.

Yes: loss of the house is a scam. They could not or don't know how to tell you outright what is in next line:

No: they really need the money, probably not 100K but smaller amounts each month. Rather than relying on your word and expect 5000B per month, they are trying to get up-front something reasonably big (for them) and still affordable to you. They are not sure if you will ever reappear.

Was it so outlandish or hard to guess yourself that you had to some here to learn?

Yo Danny.

I appreciate the situation here. It is deep. Saw your vid, the girl is lovely. I think you have a good thing. And now the daughter too. I'm with everything Midas said. And I also see Bendix's perspective. I read in an earlier post where you said ".....this thread is not about x, y, z." I totally understand your feelings there, but I have to say it is. You've got a lot of us believing you here and then looking at your situation and it's hard to hold back. All I can say is that I sympathize. But at this point, with a child, you do have to look at your money, your life, your work, your course of action for the future. That is the truth. If others comments got under your skin, it's for a reason - it struck a chord in you. I can only imagine the frustration and ruined feeling of a divorce that takes everything away from you like that. But it's also time to get back up on the horse and ride. You've got to pick yourself up here and do good with a good lady and a daughter. You're young, you can work. And you should work hard. Right now. Like it or not. Maybe England sucks. But also it can suck trying to scrape by in LOS as many do. You have alot of choices in front of you, but some are rather compulsory here. Again, tough situation. But you seem a sensitive guy who knows to do the right thing. That's all the others who are looking at other aspects of your life are talking about. It reminds me of the many kids who later grow up to realize their dads worked in shitty jobs they hated just to provide for their families just so they had a better lot in life - or the best lot possible for them. That sacrifice is what it comes down to. You, your other family, your friends, and ultimately the kid would understand and respect you for that sacrifice now. And you'd be doing it for the right people. Best of luck to you.

thank you real- you speak a lot of sense

I am doing all I can to make her situation better, don't you think it doesn't play on my mind everyday?

It is easy for me to get her dual passport, but If you know UK, is it really better here?

It's a difficult decision, I've got 2 Thai/farang kids with my wife and I keep thinking if it would be better to move back to the UK or not.

I'm fortunate that I can afford to pay for their international school in BKK (about 300k a year each), but if I had to leave them in a Thai school, I think I would be booking the tickets back to the UK.

I've been in Thailand for 5 years now, but I work in other places (HK, Sing, Saudi, India), Thailand has very little business nowadays and seems to be becoming more insular (typical thai reaction to criticism).

From the kids point of view I would move back to the UK, but my job requires travel a lot, and I feel bad about leaving my wife with the kids in a strange country for 50% of the time.

Life is full of hard choices, but I think you have to expect the best possible outcome and prepare for the worst. Above all, don't make yourself miserable for something that you think is best for your kids. Kids are adaptable...

It's a difficult decision, I've got 2 Thai/farang kids with my wife and I keep thinking if it would be better to move back to the UK or not.

I'm fortunate that I can afford to pay for their international school in BKK (about 300k a year each), but if I had to leave them in a Thai school, I think I would be booking the tickets back to the UK.

I've been in Thailand for 5 years now, but I work in other places (HK, Sing, Saudi, India), Thailand has very little business nowadays and seems to be becoming more insular (typical thai reaction to criticism).

From the kids point of view I would move back to the UK, but my job requires travel a lot, and I feel bad about leaving my wife with the kids in a strange country for 50% of the time.

Life is full of hard choices, but I think you have to expect the best possible outcome and prepare for the worst. Above all, don't make yourself miserable for something that you think is best for your kids. Kids are adaptable...

Thanks, it means a lot to get advice from somebody who has been there, and is still there.

wow 300,000 baht a year each

If you want a job, you can start tomorrow teaching English. 35,000 Baht a month minimum. All you need is a shirt and tie. Just get on a plane. It's not hard. You could live with your sweetheart, see your child every day and plan your next move at your leisure.

Ahh, but maybe you'd rather procrastinate, hesitate, avoid taking responsibility for your actions and even perhaps wallow in self-pity. And get the dole.

Dishing out meaningless platitudes and 'there there, it will be oks" is much much more helpful than suggesting people face up to their responsibilities. As midastouch said, he knows a lot about Thai culture (from his bolthole in Sydney). He has every right to post assinine bullshit disguised as meaningful advice.

Get a grip.

Hey Dropkick, my bolthole is actually in On-Nut, Suk 77, If your selection of Avatar is a window to how you think of yourself, I'm not suprised by your responses to this thread. :o

My apologies,I should not rise to the bait. I must constantly remind myself "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

Edited by midasthailand

If you want a job, you can start tomorrow teaching English. 35,000 Baht a month minimum. All you need is a shirt and tie. Just get on a plane. It's not hard. You could live with your sweetheart, see your child every day and plan your next move at your leisure.

Ahh, but maybe you'd rather procrastinate, hesitate, avoid taking responsibility for your actions and even perhaps wallow in self-pity. And get the dole.

I'd say the second choice is the best one. Can you really see yourself with this woman in say 10 years?

Get a grip.

Living on Sukhumvit soi 11 for 2 years gives one a real idea about the country!

Hey Dropkick, my bolthole is actually in On-Nut, Suk 77, If your selection of Avatar is a window to how you think of yourself, I'm not suprised by your responses to this thread. :o

My apologies,I should not rise to the bait. I must constantly remind myself "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

With respect, having 'nice things to say' doesnt really help this guy does it. Your post only serves to perpetuate what Briggsy said . . it encourages him to procrastinate and wallow in self-pity. It's telling he only really replies to those posts (like yours) which offer little except easy to articulate pleasantries about how lovely his gf is, how unlucky he's been, and how life can only get better.

Blah blah bloody blah.

So you're a lovely guy, and i'm a jerk. Tell us something we didnt already know.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, his irresponsibility has created yet another life which he can't afford to keep and here he is worrying that the daughter's mother is trying to scam him (at the same time as exhorting to us how he can only see beauty in her soul).

<deleted>, which is it man? Is she a good woman or is she a cheating whore? Only you can decide and it's no point asking us - a bunch of indifferent cyber entities - to look at some sickly sweet youtube video to decide for you. You've said over and over again that she is a lovely girl, so why the hel_l are you baulking about send a piss poor 1,500 quid to her?

Grow a backbone and be a man.

Edited by bendix

I hope you just stay realistic. My Thai wife would never ask me for any financial help for her family because she wants to take care of that on her own. She comes from a conservative family and tells me that of course families here stick more together than in the west and share financial expenses but it is not my duty to take care of her family in any way.

Does your girl love you for what you are and not for the money?

Did you tell her you would go back to the UK and make money and come back to enable her a better life?

As other people said I would take care of you daughter in the first place and I would try to be there to see the whole situation. Just sending money and staying in the UK is imo not the right thing to do.

All the best for you mate!