Marrying To Thai

designersing

Hi everyone,

we will be 'thai-ing the knot' later this week, and I am a bit nervous. Can anyone advise me about the office register proceedings, what happens? Do we just go in and sign a form thats it, or do I have to speak? or anything? I would like to go in prepared, if any of you kind gents would lend your experiences, I would be very, very grateful!

:o DSG :D

Its a completely unromantic thing, just paperwork and nothing to worry about.

One of the people on the desks will prepare the paperwork, and then one of the bosses will authorise it. You might be engaged in a bit of idle chat, but that is about it.

It's not like a civil wedding in the west, just a legal process. Not much more to it than if you were registering some land. Relax :o

Hi everyone,

we will be 'thai-ing the knot' later this week, and I am a bit nervous. Can anyone advise me about the office register proceedings, what happens? Do we just go in and sign a form thats it, or do I have to speak? or anything? I would like to go in prepared, if any of you kind gents would lend your experiences, I would be very, very grateful!

:o DSG :D

You do not need to speak, but you do need to have your paperwork in order. Trust you have all that?

One of the people on the desks will prepare the paperwork, and then one of the bosses will authorise it. You might be engaged in a bit of idle chat, but that is about it.

It's not like a civil wedding in the west, just a legal process. Not much more to it than if you were registering some land. Relax :o

This was exactly my experience last Friday when I registered my marriage. Took about half an hour and cost 135 Baht.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback yorkman, davids, cm das, just what I needed to hear! its all a bit daunting for me, I have to admit! With regard to the paperwork side of things I think (?!) I am pretty much covered, but will double check through everything again before the big day!

Thanks again fellas! :D

Best

DSG

Edited by designersing