Can I Take My Thai Girlfriend On A Border Run?

kiwiocker

I'm doing (another) border run to Mae Sot this weekend. The Burma authorities allow you to stay in Myawaddy for the day. My Thai girlfriend who doesn't have a passport would like to come and spend the day in Burma also. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm doing (another) border run to Mae Sot this weekend. The Burma authorities allow you to stay in Myawaddy for the day. My Thai girlfriend who doesn't have a passport would like to come and spend the day in Burma also. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Best to go alone ... Unless you're trying to dump her :o

Naka.

Any thai citizen can get 'border pass'(costs 50 baht or so) with the ID card>no passport needed . Except , it may be a bit tricky in Mae Sot,unless you're driving> as opposed to other crossings immigration for border pass issuance is located a couple of km. before the border next to the airport.

On the other hand naka may have a point :o .. When i went there i alays wondered, what whas that compelling urge with foreigners to prefer thai women, while for example burmese, are in no way inferior (if not otherwise :D ) . Beer's cheap, hotels are there & btw.. i think Burmese do allow you to stay upto 2 weeks there > at least , thats what their passport looking visa booklet says>the one you get for your 500 baht fee

Best to go alone ... Unless you're trying to dump her :o

Naka.

Good lateral thinking there Naka. :D

A little off topic, however I was in Surin last year visiting family had no passport with me but 500 baht to the border guard and we all nipped accross the border at Chong Chom for a few hours at the market, I was a little concerned about getting back bit not a problem.