Quality Hotels In Bangkok For 3500 A Night Or Less

SirPaul

Hello

I have often stayed at "The Montiem Riverside" when in Bangkok. It is an excellent hotel, with wireless internet in the rooms and a gym. It is a quality hotel and the average price is 3,500 bhat per night. I would recomend it to anyone

The problem is it is a little bit far from anywhere and I have stayed there so many times i would like to stay somewhere else for a change. I do not mind spending up to 3,500 per night, but I require wireless Internet. Gym facilities would also be great.

Any suggestions most welcome?

Thanks

Edited by SirPaul

Hello

I have often stayed at "The Montiem Riverside" when in Bangkok. It is an excellent hotel, with wireless internet in the rooms and a gym. It is a quality hotel and the average price is 3,500 bhat per night. I would recomend it to anyone

The problem is it is a little bit far from anywhere and I have stayed there so many times i would like to stay somewhere else for a change. I do not mind spending up to 3,500 per night, but I require wireless Internet. Gym facilities would also be great.

Any suggestions most welcome?

Thanks

have you tried the manhattan on suk soi 15. nice hotel, nice staff and out of the way but still in walking distance to all popular suk attractions. also try the bally studios on suk 22. a bit off the beaten track but well worth it.

Manhattan is a much different level (lower in quality and price) than the Montien Riverside, and is the recipient of very mixed reviews from guests who have stayed there.

Around the same area of Sukhumvit, but much closer in quality and at lesser prices, would be choices like the Royal Benja (Suk Soi 5) and Tai Pan (near Asoke). They're both nice places, but you'd need to check with them about their status for Internet access.

President Solitaire Soi 11.

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/

Enormous rooms/suites. Small pool and gym.

Nice breakfast. Quiet. Booking online through them or an online agency will be within your budget. Just booked a Platinum suite for £50 a night (no breakfast) with lastminute.com.

Has wifi in all rooms but can't vouch for the speed as I've never used it. I'll be there next weekend so will update you :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I used to get discount of 2300THB a Bel Aire Princess on Suk 5 (started at 1000THB in 2000)

The places I stay on business are now 6000THB though - used to be around 3500 but they jumped recently.

On personal trips I use Dynasty Grande Inn for 2600 but its not the same class as the Montien for example

Thanks so far, I will be looking into some of the hotels already metioned.

To makes matters clearer I will explain what I am looking for...

The point I find when talking about staying at a good hotel for about 3500 (£50) per night in Bangkok, is that most people always try to recomend a cheaper hotel. The idea here is to spend around 3,500 bhat, and get equal or better quality than what is on offer at the Montiem Riverside. It is not that there is anything wrong with this hotel, it is just that I have stayed there so often it would be nice to have a list that offers alternative choices. If you have never stayed in the Montiem Riverside I would recomend it to anyone as I feel it offers great value for the money. But be aware that you need to book it up beforehand, as walking in usually means you have to pay 5000 bhat plus a night.

I feel a guide that does not offer the cheapest, but offers various alternatives at different price levels would go down well. For example, sometimes I go to Bankok and I just want a bed. I have found a clean place, very basic, for 1100 bhat a night. But there are times when I go to Bangkok as part of a holiday and I want a bit more from my hotel than just a bed and a clean room.

I would also like to add here that I have noticed that the prices of hotels are moving up. I suppose its inflation, or demand and supply - but some rises do seem a bit steep. One thing I have often noticed anywhere you go in the world is that the people running the hotel would rather have an empty room then offer a big discount - mainly due to keeping the clientel at a certain level, and mainly due to not aggrevating other guests that have paid the full price.

Please keep adding your favourite 3500 Bhat hotel, the bigger the list the better.

Thanks

Hi Paul ,

Well i stayed at montien one time and found it below standard, besides being middle of nowhere. However they have been renovating and i don't know how it is now.

Here are some tips on hotels in the 100 $ range (including some of those recommended in the foregoing messages).

- Pullman is very nice but also in the middle of nowhere.

- Davis is overpriced, suffering from high ego ('boutique hotel').and very far walk form BTS

- President Solitair is ok, but i don't think you can have a good room for 100$ all in. They have a nasty habit to charge for breakfast (very basic), for credit card use, for everything .... you end up with 1000 B more/night then planned.

- Unico grande best hotel is Sathorn, But they are quite far walk (and dark at night) from BTS chong nonsi. Close to Villa Supermarket and other shopping in Trinity Centre. Best value for money there is the one bedroom apartment. Can be recommended if you don't mind the location. Free internet in room. Deluxe room is quite ok also with big fridge and Microwave at 3000 B with AsiaTravel.

here are other ones you might look at:

- Delphi Suites on Sukh 8 : very nice and around 3500 $ via AsiaTravel for Exec room 54 sqm. Close to BTS Nana.

- SAS radisson : At Huang Kwai, close to MRT but out of town. Very nice hotel with high quality everything. Superior room 2400B with AsiaTravel. Don't btoher for the Deluxe room it is same and only more expensive. But 600 B extra charge/day for internet . Makes it still only 3000 B per day all incl for a 5 star hotel. But need to get on MRT or taxi for everything.

- Bel Air princess : very good hotel 3600 B for deluxe room via AsiaRooms. Good location close to BTS Nana. This is a Dhusit Thani property.

PM me if you want more info.

Have nice holiday

I have stayed at the Montiem in Bangkok and the Montiem Riverside. Both have good breakfasts, in fact excellent. But althogh the montiem is more central, the Montiem Riverside is a far better hotel. Location lets the riverside down but there is an excellent shuttle service. :o

Walking should not be a problem in Bangkok, if you cannot afford a taxi in Bangkok, you cannot afford a taxi anywhere. They are cheaper than anywhere I know, cheaper than a bus in London. Two people in a taxi in bangkok is cheaper than getting the BTS train. Who walks in Bangkok, must be mad!! I personally have hired a taxi for over 3 hours with a friend, about 200 Bhat each. In London this fare would be about £100, Thailand - £6 including tip. You cannot factor in walking when selecting a quality hotel.

I love Bangkok because you can stay in top quality hotels and get taxis. You feel like a film star and it is all affordable.

What I want to know, what is the very best place to stay for £100 ($200) a night is, and where is the very best room in Bangkok? SirPaul wants £50, I want to know for £100. I think what he has done though is excellent as the informatoin here is very, very useful and I will be using some of it in the near future for sure.

The Majestic on Suk Soi 2 has been suggested. Very nice place.

it definitely has a touch of class.

I stayed at the Majestic in September. I had to wait nearly two hours for a room (at 5 in the afternoon!) which had already been paid for and subsequently missed the first 10 minutes of England v Australia in the rugby world cup :o

Plus, if you get a taxi from outside the hotel, because of the one way system on Suk it has to go all round the houses to reach the upper Suk numbers.

But not much between it and The President Solitaire, except the latter maybe cheaper.

RAZZ

I've stayed at the Montien Riverside before and had a very pleasant experience, room, service, food and all. And using the river taxis (and other taxis) was easy. We specifically chose it as a getaway to be AWAY from the center of the city. But if we wanted to travel, it would have been easy to do. But that weekend was a stay inside time... :o

About pricier choices for fine hotels, along Sukhumvit, there's the JW Marriott and Landmark Hotels, both well reputed with a full range of restaurants and services (along with the Sheraton Grande and Westin nearby).

Then along the Chao Phrya, of course, here's the Marriott Resort & Spa, Shangri-la, Oriental, and Royal Orchid Sheraton, and Peninsula. All would be more than happy to take your money, in great excess.

What I want to know, what is the very best place to stay for £100 ($200) a night is, and where is the very best room in Bangkok? SirPaul wants £50, I want to know for £100. I think what he has done though is excellent as the informatoin here is very, very useful and I will be using some of it in the near future for sure.

It's very nice..and reasonably close to Taksin BTS station.

The price is good, but the caliber of the hotel is not in the 3500b per night range...in terms of quality.

But for 1500 to 2000 baht...it's a very pleasant and well kept hotel, and even has a rooftop swimming pool, albeit a bit shallow for real swimming.

Or try this little hotel. Might not be up to standard but is certainly very very friendly and for about 2000 you get a 1 bedroom suite. Former Best Western Hotel.

Elegance Suites Bangkok

http://www.elegance.th.com/

My favourite at 3500 or even less is the Rembrandt Towers which is a serviced apartment on Suk 20. Excellent location staff are friendly. Price does not include breakfast though. Has 24 hour hotel room service, cafe, pool, gym and a self service laundry. And the apartments are twice the size of hotel rooms indeed up to 95 Sq mt. A 2 bedroom with 3 tv's kitchen dining and tv area is 5500 Baht... Ask for Raakesh say Nip told you to contact him. Tel 02-2615900

President Solitaire Soi 11.

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/

Enormous rooms/suites. Small pool and gym.

Nice breakfast. Quiet. Booking online through them or an online agency will be within your budget. Just booked a Platinum suite for £50 a night (no breakfast) with lastminute.com.

Has wifi in all rooms but can't vouch for the speed as I've never used it. I'll be there next weekend so will update you :o

RAZZ

I second that.

I love the President Solitaire, and the speed for the wireless and wired Lan are excellent.

Get the Platinum Sweet, you'll love it

For just over 2000 bht my vote goes to Centrepoint Petchburi(apartments) or as previously mentioned Unico Grande Sukhumvit hotel.(newish refurb)

Nearer 3500 has to be either the Aldelphi or Fraser Suites (both quite new apartments) also in the Sukhumvit area.