Do You Ever Take A Dislike To A Tv Member Because Of Their Avatar?

garro

Do you ever take a dislike to a TV member because of their avatar?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment, or I'd be happy to oblige. :o [/color]

It's okay Clayton, I'm sure that the UK wont want you to leave. They wont have any option. BTW, how much do you get for each convicted smoking criminal that you give information on, to the Hotline? Financially? Nothing. What I do get is satisfaction from the knowledge that I've done my bit for the right to enjoy a tobacco smoke free environment.

Rather than hijacking this thread, may I suggest that anyone wanting to discuss smoking bans come over and joins one of the debates in the Pattaya Forum.

Personally, I'm not into avatars, but seeing as some members are keen to nominate me as public enemy number 1, I may have to reconsider and use one that fits the image. :D

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a certain member whose recent avatar is aiming a slingshot directly at me everytime I see it. :D

This brings up another interesting question I have been contemplating:

Do people tend to look like their dogs?

I hv no dogs right now, but i used too..

I hv an squirel n a rabbit and gosh i do look at them alot, specially the squirel, he's so funny...

O_o

what does that hv a lik with ur avatar?

haha

lol

:o

Yes, garro I agree with what you said, I know what you mean....some posters are set to wind others up, but you still read them anyway cos some are very funny...

I do the same too by laughing along with them :D .

But I always remind myself about certain posters who were not only contribute useful informations to the OP, but cruelly mockingly those who seek advice :D . After joining this forum close to a year, I could tell it's in their trait :o:D .

BTW, garro, you're one of my faverite posters :D . Keep up a good work.

I changed my avatar recenlty as my dancing girl had been body popping for nearly 4 years so she needed a break. I then changed to Mr T but the sight of him in his white tights & medalions was getting too many of the guys randy so now I have vimto lips. Dancing girl will make a come back some time soon so sorry to the people who don't like avatar changes :o

I can't say I instantly dislike osmeone from their avatar but will keep an eye out for the ones that are attached to poeple who annoy me.

I changed my avatar recenlty as my dancing girl had been body popping for nearly 4 years so she needed a break. I then changed to Mr T but the sight of him in his white tights & medalions was getting too many of the guys randy so now I have vimto lips. Dancing girl will make a come back some time soon so sorry to the people who don't like avatar changes :o

I can't say I instantly dislike osmeone from their avatar but will keep an eye out for the ones that are attached to poeple who annoy me.

Boo, nice to hear that you're bringing your dancing girl avatar back :D . When you switched to Mr. T, few months ago, I was quite tempted to request you to bring your original one back. I actually enjoyed watching those dancing steps on your avatar. Have to say the girl has a nice long pair of legs. It's so sexy with the leg-warmers.

My answer is Yes,.... for the first time today, when I discovered the avatar of this newbie WeekEndWarrior, I felt uncomfortable with the guy...

Then I read his posts, and I am sorry to be confirmed in my first impression.....

BTW, My avatar is not 100% reflecting my personality....I smell much worse than the skunk

I like the use of avatars- It gives a little personality to the poster.

Although NAAM's seems to be a lot more personable than his avatar & much more humorous!

Beardog, a couple of months ago i explained in "bedlam" the reason why i selected Worf as avatar.

I always get a little confused when people change their avatars, takes a while to get used to the new one. :o

Some of the avatar changes are easy to adapt to, some take a bit longer. (I still haven't gotten used to Boo's, and in the back of my mind sbk is really a cat.)

As for whether I take a dislike to a member simply because of their avatar, no. I do dislike some avatars, and I do dislike some members. However, the two are kept separate unless they overlap in which case I guess the avatar could further contribute to the overall opinion.

But come to think of it, there are some wonderful posters whose avatars I don't like, and it's possible I love them just a little bit less because of 'em. :D

My answer is Yes,.... for the first time today, when I discovered the avatar of this newbie WeekEndWarrior, I felt uncomfortable with the guy...

Then I read his posts, and I am sorry to be confirmed in my first impression.....

BTW, My avatar is not 100% reflecting my personality....I smell much worse than the skunk

Sorry to have to say I agree with you and for the same reasons.

Edited by micksterbs

I've just read this guy's post about dogs.

I think there is a good discription of him in the dictionary, somewhere between scud and scup.

I think there is a good discription of him in the dictionary, somewhere between scud and scup.

You mean we've actually found the person that put the "C" in Scunthorpe.

Cheers

You mean we've actually found the person that put the "C" in Scunthorpe.

Cheers

That dates you, Percy!

:o

Can't see me "hating" someone for their choice of avatar.

Too many real peaople out theere who desrve and encourage hatred to be bothered by an innocent picture

With respect, Axistar, the OP used the word "dislike", not "hate". I'm not being pedantic, honestly! But the two are a whole order of magnitude apart. :o

Although NAAM's seems to be a lot more personable than his avatar & much more humorous!

Beardog, a couple of months ago i explained in "bedlam" the reason why i selected Worf as avatar.

Hi Naam,

I just got on bedlam this week I will look you up.

Your quite an interesting person & most knowledgeable as well. I was able to use a lot of your good info on our baan I wound up building 50% of. see you in Bedlam! And yes I got the U-trap right & placed outside the concrete area - very easy to fix if needed!

Hi Naam,

I just got on bedlam this week I will look you up.

Your quite an interesting person & most knowledgeable as well. I was able to use a lot of your good info on our baan I wound up building 50% of. see you in Bedlam! And yes I got the U-trap right & placed outside the concrete area - very easy to fix if needed!

I think if you got Naam , Bendix , Crossy and Maizefarmer together you would have yoursleves a pretty good mythbusters team.

Cheers

My first avatar was pretty cool, and altho I do not post much I got several compliments in IM. It was a guy saying something that if you read lips good, could be construed and saying a curse word. It was removed and I was warned! Now why anyone can type a curse word and replace a vowel with an asterix abd is acceptable, go figure............

Most avatars I associate with the people, agree with earlier posters that guys with girl pics are kinda odd, but they are cute pics!

post-55597-1203472416.gif

I was thinking of using this avatar when I joined-up. Decided against it as it might have sent the wrong message. Still makes me grin, though.

I'm fairly certain that I've seen this used elsewhere but can't remember where.