Nightspots Offer 20-baht Grope

george

SOUTHNIGHT / LIFE ON THE BORDER

Nightspots offer 20-baht grope

A girl dances on the stage in a restaurant in the Thai-Malaysian border town of Sadao, which offers a new sex service for male customers, who can "feel" the girls for 5-10 minutes if they pay 20 baht.

Young girls wearing revealing tops and tight shorts line up on stage in Sadao border town, before making themselves available to customers to "feel" their bodies for a fee.

SONGKHLA: -- Nightclubs in the border town of Sadao are trying to win back tourists driven away by the violence in the deep South, offering male night owls a chance to ``feel'' beautiful women.

The new sex service is available in most venues, from open-air restaurants to cafes and go-go bars.

Male visitors can touch any part of the young girls' bodies, including intimate areas, for no more than 10 minutes at 20 baht a shot.

Most customers are Malaysians crossing the border into the district of Songkhla, and local visitors.

The girls work at nightspots in Dan Nok, the Thai border post opposite Kedah, the Malaysian northern state.

After 11pm around 100 of them move to the district town, about 10km further inland, to give customers a touch until 1.30am.

The girls wear skirts over shorts to deter male customers who want more than just touching. They come from across the country and are aged 15-35 years. Many also work as dancers and singers at the nightspots, when they are not being groped late at night.

Yung, 25, from Chiang Mai's San Kamphaeng district, said she entered the business five months ago because she did not like studying.

She made around 1,600 baht a night working in a border club but the owner took half so she had to work late in other places to make up the difference. She was not happy with her job but felt she had no choice. Twenty baht was not enough, as she had to be touched by many men each day. But at least the job gave her enough money to live on. She put 40 baht into her piggy bank every day, to save for the future.

``Twenty baht may seem like nothing, but it's all men have to pay to touch me here and there,'' she said.

Yung says she does not sleep with customers. She only allows men to touch her breasts and other body parts, but not her genital area which she tried to protect as much as she could.

Pam, a 22-year-old from Songkhla, said she chose to work here because she did not know what else she could do.

She did not like being groped so she drugged herself with alcohol and illegal drugs while she was working.

``I just let them touch. Many 20 baht notes could add up to hundreds of baht,'' she said.

She had to stop working several times after drinking too much but she needed to get drunk to inhibit any sexual feeling.

``Don't be surprised to find me withdrawn. I am simply too drunk to feel anything,'' she said.

-- Bangkok Post 2004-09-20

Lets say they worked only 24 days a month ......at 800 baht a night thats about 19k baht a month and that first girl was popping 40 baht a day into a piggy bank !! Thats only 960 baht a month if banking on working days only......where is the rest of it going ?? What a croc of ............ !

SOUTHNIGHT / LIFE ON THE BORDER

Nightspots offer 20-baht grope

Male visitors can touch any part of the young girls' bodies, including intimate areas, for no more than 10 minutes at 20 baht a shot.

:D:D:D:D Tissues provided?

what is the point of that????

putting the cat near the milk, but no cigar....

:o

Exactly! I was bought a lap dance in Melbourne once by an American colleague. I walked out of the place feeling f*cking angry! What a pointless concept!

I don't get it...what' s so much more disgusting about a 20 baht grope versus a 500 baht BJ at the Kangaroo or the Rose, versus a 1,500 baht soapy-slidy suckee- or a 2,000 baht "all night" at any number of places? Is it so much more degrading to be groped than to be screwed or forced to blow a customer?

From what I've seen in Thai nightclubs, the Thais have a grope and a fondle for free anyway (whether she likes it or not). I've often been surprised that they don't get a slap round the chops. So this clientelle must be foriegn and need permission to do it, cos the Thais certainly don't.

I don't get it...what' s so much more disgusting about a 20 baht group versus a 500 baht BJ at the Kangaroo or the Rose, versus a 1,500 baht soapy-slidy suckee-######ee or a 2,000 baht "all night" at any number of places? Is it so much more degrading to be groped than to be screwed or forced to blow a customer?

i'm with you on this dick... the whole lot is disgusting & the sooner it's cleaned up the better for all... let the sexually motivated perverts go to brasil if they want to expolit the natives... mind you if they did there would be an extreme farang teacher shortage in the LoS :o

[let the sexually motivated perverts go to brasil if they want to expolit the natives... mind you if they did there would be an extreme farang teacher shortage in the LoS :o

I doubt if they could afford it. It's a long way for Malaysians to go. And since when are Malaysians teaching English in LOS?

The point is -- and I live in the south and have been to Dannok several times -- the vast majority of the guys who thiaw there and Sadao are Malaysian.

Maybe this is the kind of sad character a repressed culture produces.

PvtDick Posted on Mon 2004-09-20, 23:20:32

Again, how are they "sadder" than Western sex tourists who perhaps have a little bit more money in their pockets -- and consequently get beyond first base with the sisters of the girls who are getting groped down in Sadao? 

What?

There has been a bar (the size of an aircraft hanger) in Phuket Town for at least as long as I have been here, doing the same thing. The name amongst the farangs is the "20 baht bar". I went there once, very seedy indeed and other than the 4 of us, no other foreigners in sight.

There also used to be a place strictly for Thais, where you could dance with a girl for 10 baht - weird/funny and again a differnet part of Thailand, not seen in the tourist areas.

NFT

Lets say they worked only 24 days a month ......at 800 baht a night thats about 19k baht a month and that first girl was popping 40 baht a day into a piggy bank !! Thats only 960 baht a month if banking on working days only......where is the rest of it going ?? What a croc of ............ !

...and she needs 'to make up' the 800 her boss takes out of her 1600 earnings 'in other ways'. Something odd about this story or not?

I don't get it...what' s so much more disgusting about a 20 baht grope versus a 500 baht BJ at the Kangaroo or the Rose, versus a 1,500 baht soapy-slidy suckee-######ee or a 2,000 baht "all night" at any number of places? Is it so much more degrading to be groped than to be screwed or forced to blow a customer?

Cause even in a business transaction you can show some respect to a fellow human. Which i'm sure most sex tourist do when they take their bar girls home.

Sticking your fingers up somebody for a dime , now that's just sick.

Buy a steak and grope that.

There also used to be a place strictly for Thais, where you could dance with a girl for 10 baht - weird/funny and again a differnet part of Thailand, not seen in the tourist areas.

Good old ballroom dancing, nothing wrong with that.

At village events there is often a band on stage which bring their fancy-dressed dancers. You can buy a song request and get a dance partner to go with it.

Again, how are they "sadder" than Western sex tourists who perhaps have a little bit more money in their pockets -- and consequently get beyond first base with the sisters of the girls who are getting groped down in Sadao?

I've taken friends from overseas to bars in Patpong. I witnessed plenty of groping over there...not for 20 baht but a lady's drink.

Don't see heck a lot of difference except for Sadao it's more official where as in Patpong you take your chance of the girls pulling your hands out of there.

Great quote!

But honestly, tell me where you can get a steak for 20 baht :o

Talk to RandomChances, he might have some spares.

Just because this report has appeared in the paper doen't make it a new phenomena, I lived in Hat Yai for over a year and met many nice Malaysians, however to think that these guys went to Hat Yai every weekend for the rubber is naive.

Wait...

Too...many JOke/0ptions<<ERROR<>SQL Error: 1034 Incorrect key file for/table: 'comedy_selectoR'CWOSes//Get a horse!VSTi1997.08.05.8:15 EST.MMORPGAnd you smell bad/0001/#1:<>"Super Cock Brothers"code[1.0003.//5B[error]I'm thankful I don't live in Canada<Kclass..//BANGDirect3D<>DX7Well, duct tape me up a fcukrabbit//DRServerERRORIs that how you broke the pool table?Show me your boobs//Close]

Great quote!

But honestly, tell me where you can get a steak for 20 baht :o

Talk to RandomChances, he might have some spares.

Just because this report has appeared in the paper doen't make it a new phenomena, I lived in Hat Yai for over a year and met many nice Malaysians, however to think that these guys went to Hat Yai every weekend for the rubber is naive.

Wait...

Too...many JOke/0ptions<<ERROR<>SQL Error: 1034 Incorrect key file for/table: 'comedy_selectoR'CWOSes//Get a horse!VSTi1997.08.05.8:15 EST.MMORPGAnd you smell bad/0001/#1:<>"Super Cock Brothers"code[1.0003.//5B[error]I'm thankful I don't live in Canada<Kclass..//BANGDirect3D<>DX7Well, duct tape me up a fcukrabbit//DRServerERRORIs that how you broke the pool table?Show me your boobs//Close]

:D:D:D:wub::D