Blues Festival

steelepulse

Any info if they will be selling beer at the blues festival this weekend? Isn't there some kind of election ban this weekend?

I spoke to the organisers and they are serving complimentary drinks to the VIP ticket holders only. They cannot SELL any alcohol due to the elections but I have been told that you can BYOB to the event. Also they may have a cover charge for beer drinkers whereby you pay a fee on entrance and can drink as much as you like (until it runs out of course!!). This is to be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Should hopefully be a great event. Was there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

On tomorrow/Friday's edition of Andaman News, we have an interview with Andy Anderson, Organiser of the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival, taking place at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, this Friday & Saturday evening, 22 & 23 Feb, 6pm onwards.

We also talk to Rich Harper, Lead singer/guitarist of the Rich Harper Blues Band, who plays at Festival for the 3rd time on Friday evening as the last act at about 11pm, plus Shari Puorto, a lead singer with The Rhythm Addicts, who plays here for her 1st time as last act on Saturday.

Andaman News is on TV11 (VHF dial) at 8.30am & local Cable TV channel 1 + maybe FM90.5 Radio Thailand 6pm, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, & possibly FM108 Mazz Radio 7.30pm in Phuket, Friday 22 February 2008 & mini videos later in day on http://news.prd.go.th

Good to hear emubob. If you could somehow confirm before the show opens one way or another, that would be great. I have no problem with a cover charge.

Have spoken to them again today and they have decided not to do a cover charge for beer so unless you are in the VIP section they will have no alcohol there. Basically you can bring whatever you want to the event.....beer.......wine........whisky.......depends on your favourite tipple!

Enjoy the music!

As a Hilton member we are taking our annual free night there tomorrow. Nevertheless I will have make sure that our fridge is full in case. :o

Your room number please Chantal :D

You & husband enjoy the evening!

Gerd

Thanks Gerd - we are looking forward to it. :D

As a Hilton member we are taking our annual free night there tomorrow. Nevertheless I will have make sure that our fridge is full in case. :o

Your room number please Chantal :D

You & husband enjoy the evening!

Gerd

Thanks Gerd - we are looking forward to it. :D

The first night was great...perfect weather, good sound. They weren't selling beer, but there sure was lots of it around!

I went to the last two and they were great so I'm realy pissed off I'm missing this one because I'm working offshore. I went to Bangkok last weekend and popped into Tokyo Joe's to catch the Soi Dogs and the Japanese guys as a consolation - excellent.

Hope I'm around next year.

By the way, last year Channel 11 seemed to be recording the entire event, does anyone know if there is a DVD of it available for sale?

El Pee

TV Channel 11 was commissioned to record festivals in 2007 & 2008 for organiser to make a DVD. For more info contact Organiser at [email protected] www.phuketbluesfestival.com

------

To see our short highlights this year from The Rich Harper Blues Band, Groove Doctors with Jimmy Fame, & Cannonball, go to http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216341

(Tomorrow we plan to show more excerpts and interviews with some of the participants)

Before this year's event: to see our Interview - Rich Harper of the Rich Harper Blues Band, plus Shari Puorto with The Rhythm Addicts, go to http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216328

To see our Interview - Andy Anderson, Organiser of the Phuket International Blues Rock Festival go to http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216329

To see TV spot for this year's event go to

http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216313

To see special report on 2007 event go to

http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=205229

To see Interview with Victor Brox, & his daughter Kyla Brox, before 2007 event go to http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=204985

To see Interview with Andy Anderson, Organiser, before 2007 event go to http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=203712

Edited by TV Channel 11

We had planned to show more excerpts of music and interviews this morning on Andaman News but had to delay until tomorrow Wednesday, and it will include The Blues Machine from Pattaya, plus Soi Dog Blues Band from Bangkok, Salty Dog from Australia, and Shari Puorto with Rhythm Addicts from the US.

Capital TV programs like Phuket Plus, in the next few weeks, will also have longer excerpts of music and interviews.

Was there interviews with any other bands and musicians?

I thought that the Blues Machine from Pattaya did one? :D

Great event all round, call me biased but IMO The Blues Machine were superb, I also liked the Boy Blues Band from Chiang Mai. Everyone did a good job.

:o

Great Stuff, Also do you know where I can get a copy of the footage from The Blues Machine?

Thanks

DT. :o

I saw the first night, Soi Dogs and Rich Harper were great.

The rest of the acts were really mediocre to poor. The difference between Salty Dogs and Rich Harper was immense. If anyone noticed, Salty Dog played four tunes that were basically the same (walking shoes, black betty, black betty's sister, one other) so other than a little improv from the guitarist, they played a total of three songs. Mediocre club act, would not find work in LA.

Rich Harper is great and it's a bummer that we only saw an hour of him. I wish they would cut the acts and let the headliner go two hours....

Great Stuff, Also do you know where I can get a copy of the footage from The Blues Machine?

Thanks

I saw the first night, Soi Dogs and Rich Harper were great.

The rest of the acts were really mediocre to poor. The difference between Salty Dogs and Rich Harper was immense. If anyone noticed, Salty Dog played four tunes that were basically the same (walking shoes, black betty, black betty's sister, one other) so other than a little improv from the guitarist, they played a total of three songs. Mediocre club act, would not find work in LA.

Rich Harper is great and it's a bummer that we only saw an hour of him. I wish they would cut the acts and let the headliner go two hours....

I partially agree regarding some of the other acts, Rich Harper, Soi Dogs and Cannonball are always strong but some of the other acts I felt ran out of steam a bit, As said I liked the Chiang Mai band, As for Salty Dogs I missed their set but it is a possibility that they will stop by The Blues Factory in Pattaya for a night though.

I still reckon that The Blues Machine had the most exciting set IMO but in all honesty I didn't think the band order was how I would have had it (IMO of course) as I felt some earlier bands were more impressive than the later bands but as said all acts did well.

The jam session was OK, we took along a mate of ours "Len Tucky" (ex Suzi Quattro) who got up and jammed a bit then after we went back to Kata to see Robert in his Rock pub, the Blues Machine jammed in there also.

:D

Edited by davethailand

Thanks

We broadcast a special report with clips from 3, not 4, bands, including Blues Machine, but no interview with them as we ran out of time on live program this morning.... Mini VDO is on

http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216353

You can visit TV11 studio on Rang Hill, Phuket city, weekdays to see more footage or contact Blues Festival organiser for his DVD.

Thanks

We broadcast a special report with clips from 3, not 4, bands, including Blues Machine, but no interview with them as we ran out of time on live program this morning.... Mini VDO is on

http://news.prd.go.th/news_detail.php?newsid=216353

You can visit TV11 studio on Rang Hill, Phuket city, weekdays to see more footage or contact Blues Festival organiser for his DVD.

What about a copy of your interview footage etc?

Its only for me and not for resale, I'm the owner of Blues Factory by the way and The Blues Machine is my resident band.

Unfortunatley I can't visit the studio as I live in Pattaya.:D

Sorry I never went to both evenings. Went on saturday and it was great. Also it was good to watch a fellow TV Member playing. :o

Who was that? :D

Had to check if it was ok for me to say who. TV member Fiddlehead plays with The Groove Doctors. Great band!!! It is well worth listening to them at Joe Kools in Karon on Thursday nights.

Sorry I never went to both evenings. Went on saturday and it was great. Also it was good to watch a fellow TV Member playing. :o

Who was that? :D

Had to check if it was ok for me to say who. TV member Fiddlehead plays with The Groove Doctors. Great band!!! It is well worth listening to them at Joe Kools in Karon on Thursday nights.

Catch Fiddlehead on his own, the guy has an unbelievable amount of music tucked under those dreads. Sometimes the constraints of what the other guys know, limit him.