Advice Please. Nice Hotel

pepi1

Pepi1,

You've made your choice already! A very good one though. Sofitel and Hilton (famous hotel chains) have their premises adjacent to the beach. But so have many other hotels. That's Hua Hin. No road between the accommodations and the sea.

Adjacent to the area of Hilton and Sofitel are probably 5-7 Thai hotels/resorts. They are half the price!

My advice:"book two nights at Sofitel at the most". "Walk along the beach"(you can't see it by car or tuk-tuk)"!. "Make your choice". If your choice is Sofitel, it's well-considered then. Please don't forget: 5,000 THB for what you don't see (when are asleep) or 3,000 THB. It's a difference of a couple of wines, beers or whatever!!

Happy times in Hua Hin.

Petch01

Thanks Petch01------Maybe see you there----I'm an Englishman with Thai wife------Easy to spot!

Neh...... You won't be easy to spot. So many happy westerners with their happy Thai wives and sometimes their beautiful and handsome "look-krungs" visit Hua Hin for a holiday.

It's a really nice place to be for a holiday in Thailand, Pepi1. I'm glad the missis and you didn't choose for Pattaya, Jom Tien or Phuket.

Happy Holidays, mate.

Petch01

Edited by Petch01

Coming over with family first week april.

Looking for nice hotel, dont mind going upmarket .

Want to be away from the tour type hotels .

Any advice guys.

Thanks

I suggest that you have a look at the 'Anantasila by the sea' ( they have a very good website)some 10mins south of Hua-Hin, lovely hotel and good (sensibly priced) food.

We live about 5mins away from this hotel and go there frequenly for a nice evening meal. Lovely ambiance with soft music and sea breezes. It fronts right onto the beach with clean water, which does not get crowded and is run by a lovely Thai lady who lived in England for many years who speaks excellent English. I am taking my wife there tonight for her birthday meal. I have NO connection with the hotel. The Sofitel, Marriot or Dusit (north of Hua-Hin) are all reputedly excellent hotels if you wish to stay in the centre of HH, but I would personally still consider them to be 'tour hotels' albeit 'upmarket! - the Dusit is some 15 mins north. Hope that this is of some use. If you need any more info please feel free to pm me.

Thanks again guys.

Actually coming over to have look around for property. Any suggestions as to nice area?

The biggest problem I think will be good school for my young daughter.

Your thoughts please.

Cheers

Been to Cha Am, thought that was the pits! Dogs everywhere and filthy roads.
:D

Doesn't quite sound like the Cha-Am that I've known for the past fifteen years or so. Dogs everywhere you say. Not in Thailand surely ? :o