What's Your Year Of Expat Birth?

rixalex

What class year expat are you?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I matriculated in 1999 also...maybe we should get together and discuss old times :D

Sounds painful. Hope no lasting scars were left...

A get-together of 99ers would be great, although i fear i may be a few intellectual rungs down the ladder from you Mr. B, with words like that cropping up. :o

Does it make any difference to your friendships with other expats, how long you have been living as an expat? I myself find it easier relating with those who have been here at least as long as me. Those who have been here longer i find interesting as i can learn from them, whereas newbies i find can be a bit tiring as they are making all the observations/discoveries/mistakes i already experienced.

I'm a 1999 expat baby. So what's your year of expat birth and does it matter?

I am a little puzzled with the reason for your wanting this kind of information.

You obviously are not interested in the "retired" brigade since prior to 1950 is beyond the scope of the poll so if you are over 58...tough..not interested!!

Could it be that because the majority of these "outcasts from the poll"..........

1...dont , ride souped-up motorbikes,without crash helmets or licence

2...dont , aparently exist exclusivly on Burgers and Beer.

3...dont , exist each day in the close company of Thai bargirls.

4...dont , take visa runs each period to ensure they can stay in LOS ,when long term visa"s are available.

:o:D

Does it make any difference to your friendships with other expats, how long you have been living as an expat? I myself find it easier relating with those who have been here at least as long as me. Those who have been here longer i find interesting as i can learn from them, whereas newbies i find can be a bit tiring as they are making all the observations/discoveries/mistakes i already experienced.

I am a little puzzled with the reason for your wanting this kind of information.

You obviously are not interested in the "retired" brigade since prior to 1950 is beyond the scope of the poll so if you are over 58...tough..not interested!!

Could it be that because the majority of these "outcasts from the poll"..........

4...dont , take visa runs each period to ensure they can stay in LOS ,when long term visa"s are available.

So what ??? Anyway, you'd better read again what the OP wrote....Being 58 is not relevant.......What matters is how long you've been an expat

Mr Outcast, I think you may be a little confused. The poll is asking for the date you became an expat. If you became an expat in Thailand before 1950, assuming you weren't brought here as a child, that would probably mean you are in your eighties. Sorry if i offended any octagenerians by their exclusion, but with the exception of Mr Trink, i really didn't figure on there being many people of that vintage about.

Besides which, the system only allows 3 questions with 20 answers for each, ie 60 years.

It really seems like you have some issues that you need to work through regarding what you perceive about certain age groups. Good luck with that - maybe you could start a thread...