Holiday Recommendations In/around Asia?

SARAHJ101

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are looking for suggestions for nice places to holiday in or around Asia in March. We wouldn't want to travel for any longer really than 5 hrs on the plane and dont want to go anywhere colder than here! (we live in Pattaya).

We were thinking of Tokyo but it would be just too cold for us! Also thinking about Dubai or South Korea? Has anyone recently visited any nice places recently that they would definitely recommend? It would be a ten day trip.

Any info much appreciated :o

Try Sandakan borneo a trip up Mount kota kinabalu see the orangatang sanctuary jungle walks turtle islands Myself and the wife are staying Kota Kinabalu for a week in march flying Air Asia BKK to Kula Lumphur and then to Kota Kinabalu total cost approx £110 return per person

Hi there,

Myself and my partner are looking for suggestions for nice places to holiday in or around Asia in March. We wouldn't want to travel for any longer really than 5 hrs on the plane and dont want to go anywhere colder than here! (we live in Pattaya).

We were thinking of Tokyo but it would be just too cold for us! Also thinking about Dubai or South Korea? Has anyone recently visited any nice places recently that they would definitely recommend? It would be a ten day trip.

Any info much appreciated :D

Never been there -yet- but I would give the Maldives a try.... :o

http://images.google.nl/images?um=1&hl...G=Search+Images

http://www.visitmaldives.com/

But, of course, it depends what you expect from a holiday since you mentioned Tokyo, Dubai and South Korea....not really relaxing places but if you are 'in' for shopping it's ideal.

But I like 'brianw' 's idea also !

LaoPo

There are some great recommendations here, thanks very much peeps :o

Borneo sounds fantastic but not the type of trip we had planned for just now but definitely an idea for sometime next year. We are saving the lovely Maldives for our honeymoon, some great links thanks :D Taiwan / KL also sounds great, we were really wanting to try KL until Londonthai suggested Goa. This sounds exactly what we're looking for. I've had a quick check for flights but they are all coming back very expensive. Does anyone know any good sites for good flight deals from BKK to Goa? Would I be better heading to a local (pattaya) tourist agent and checking prices with them?

Much appreciated :D

Edited by SARAHJ101

Does anyone know any good sites for good flight deals from BKK to Goa? Would I be better heading to a local (pattaya) tourist agent and checking prices with them?

No airline flies this route direct. You'll need to fly from Bangkok to somewhere in India (e.g. Mumbai, Bangalore) and catch a connecting flight. Or take the train from Mumbai, Bangalore, etc. Flying to India is generally not cheap. The least expensive option at the moment is an Air India Express flight from Bangkok to Kolkata but Kolkata leaves you a quite long way from Goa.

Edit - Sri Lankan also flies to Goa (via Colombo) and they're probably one of the cheaper options. You could even take a stopover in Colombo.

Edited by ovenman

I'm suprised nobody mentioned Hong Kong or Singapore. Flights are cheap enough to do 5 days in each. Not recommended if you're looking for beaches and relaxation type holiday but both interesting. Hong Kong might be a bit colder than Thailand though.

In Hong Kong you can also make a day trip to China by train and spend a day in Shenzen. Or a side trip by ferry to Macau.

Hong Kong - Ocean Park, Disneyland, Victoria Peak, Worlds largest seated Buddha, great shopping and people watching.

Singapore - Sentosa Island , Jurong Bird Park, Zoo night safari.

i live in bali and its well worth considering. there are some fabulous hotels and villas to stay in and as march is still low season (seasons run opposite to thailand), you will get some good deals. i got my sister a great deal on a 2 bedroom villa with a pool for just AUD125 per night. theres heaps to do for tourists, and there are some wonderful restaurants here.

TG fly direct from bangkok and the flying time is around 4 hours (but when the push it, they can get there in 3.5)

Hi,

My recommendation is Vietnam...a beautiful country. Nha Trang is the "Riviera" of Vietnam and you can city hop up the coast to many interesting places or just chill out on the beach and be fed seafood freshly cooked in front of you while you lounge in a chair sipping a coldie. There are direct flights ex Bangkok to either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City with connection to Nha Trang.

• 3 weeks later...
Bali is beautiful.

Viet Nam, but it's cold there now.

It was cold here, central VN, but this week the cold Chinese sh1t has moved back where it belongs and daytime temperatures are in the high twenties. PB Air run a thrice weekly flight BKK-DAD (Da Nang) and from Da Nang you can visit the city of Hue and the beach resort/old Chinese trading port of Hoi An. Take the train south to Nha Trang for a few days then on to Ho Chi Minh City. HCMC is as warm as Bangkok, maybe even warmer and from there you may be able, time permitting, to take a rip to the Mekong delta.

Now is the time to see Viet Nam before it is ruined in the name of progress (i.e. commercial greed).