Commuting To Bangkok

Emxily

Hi, I have been looking into moving to Pattaya and possibly keep working in Bangkok.

Does anyone else do this? How long does it take to drive to Bangkok, Ekkamai, in your own car? Is it possible to commute? I would love to hear any info and stories of other people doing it?

Thanks

If he is going to Ekkamai, why would the traffic on lower Sukhumvit be a problem?

If you left Pattaya early, say before 6:00, you could be at Ekkami in about 90 minutes or so. Take Hiway 7 to Chonburi bypass, Bangna-Trat elevated to the old expressway getting off at Soi 63(?). Going back would be on the order to 2+, mostly due to so much outbound traffic and backups on Hiway 7.

Biggest issue now is the last 2 overpasses just north of Laem Chabang. Once they finish those, will be limited access multi lane roads the whole way. I can see getting to Pattaya in an hour from South Bangkok. I would wait about 6 months before seriously thinking of moving. Most people I know, actually do the opposite, live in Bangkok and commute to the Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estates.

TH

I was working on Su'boom for over a year.

I came home (Pattaya) at weekends, stayed in Bang Plii during the week.

It is really not worth the commute - if your family (if you have one) will accept your absence during the week, then they could live in Jomtien - rather than the dark side - and you join them at weekends.

If you are a bachelor, then rent a small apartment that you only occupy at weekends.

And for Bangkok, rent around Ekamai - On Nut during the week.