Bbq Baby Back Ribs-homemade!

thaigerd

Just wanna show you how easy and cheap it is to make a nice dinner!

Total cost I guess around 350.-Baht, including french fries and 2 can of Coke(dogs had water :D ).

At first get the bones from the market, Makro, BigC etc.

IMG_3454.JPG

Boil them in salted water around 40-45 minutes, add some pepper corn, garlic and whatever you like, than take them out:

IMG_3459.JPG

Than you brush them(still warm) with your favourite BBQ sauce, I've used HEINZ:

IMG_3461.JPG

Preheat your oven at around 230* and bake the buggers 45minutes:

IMG_3466.JPG

10 minutes before finished add some more BBQ sauce on top of the ribs to keep them tender and juicy:

IMG_3469.JPG

Now the most important point for that special recipe:

About 5 minutes before taking out the ribs from the oven tell your wife to make the fries, I don't lke to wait with the ribs on my pate to get the fries :o

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

Time for preparing and cooking just 1,5 hours. Nearly as long as posting this here with my current internet "speed".

Gerd

One of my favourites Gerd, I prefer to B.B.Q them to get the exra flavour. What do you put in your sauce?? i normally add the following - tomato sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, cumin powder, salt pepper and garlic. :o:D

nice lookin' ribs (thatsa cute l'il oven ye got there gerd :o )...I useta parboil the ribs before b-b-qing when I useta bbq a lot back in the US; it helps the result when cooking over charcoal...sauce: catsup and white vinegar in 2/1, brown sugar, tabasco an' LIQUID SMOKE to taste, simmer then baste during the last 15-20 min....

these days I marinate (Lobo pork seasoning packet is recommended) overnight then cook covered in the oven until the meat falls offa the bones (heat up to full blast for 45 mins. then turn down and slow cook for another hour)...a big hit wid the wife's family an' it ain't even pet mak mak :D ...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

One of my favourites Gerd, I prefer to B.B.Q them to get the exra flavour. What do you put in your sauce?? i normally add the following - tomato sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, cumin powder, salt pepper and garlic. :o:D

As I've said in my posting I used HEINZ BBQ sauce, my own recipe has 14 different ingredients.

Gerd

Try this recipe for the baste/sauce. My Dad had to go to Houston for a training course in the 80's and bought this back with him. Has been a family favourite ever since. Slightly spicy and tangy. Can be (and is in our house) as a sauce for everything from sausages to steak.

Sauce

1½ cups tomato juice

½ cup vinegar

1 cup tomato ketchup

4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

4 tablespoons brown sugar

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons chilli powder

1 teaspoon pepper (I use finely ground black pepper)

(½ cup tomato juice in reserve)

Just mix all of the above together

Well, all I can say as a former Texan is if I ever got caught boiling ribs I'd be out of the club. Why, well taste the stock after you've boiled them.....the flavor went there, and what's left is some fairly tender pretty bland pork on a bone. Not being mean, but never boil something you want to retain flavor. Again I go back to braising, take the rack and season it with a rub, or put a light coat of your sauce on them. Wrap tight in two layers of Al. Foil and put them in a 285f oven for about 4 hours. Open the foil pop em on a grill or put oven on broiler and brush with more sauce combined with the drippings from the braise. Never ever boil ribs unless your making soup!

In addition to never par-boiling meat destined to be BBQ (believe this came about as a quick fix home two-step recipe followed by grilling), traditionalists would never use wet sauces while cooking/smoking as these typically have a sugar component and will just burn. Dry-rub with spices, cook (bake in an oven) low and slow (230 degrees F for 6+ hours, internal temp.: 150 F), then serve with preferred sauces on the side. Ideally one would use a hardwood-fired oven/smoker so as to include some "smoking", but this may not be practical for most home cookers. Real BBQ has that "smoke ring".

You can also braise with a liquid, then use the liquid (reduced) to make a sauce, but this is not real BBQ.