Price Of Mansampalang/cassava

Nepal4me

For the roots, prices are displayed at the factory gate and vary between different regions (currently around 2000 Bahts/ton). I don't know if there is a website tracking these.

For the starch, the Thai Tapioca Starch Association website has weekly updates:

http://www.thaitapiocastarch.org/

They also have historical data in their "market and statistic" section.

For the roots, prices are displayed at the factory gate and vary between different regions (currently around 2000 Bahts/ton). I don't know if there is a website tracking these.

For the starch, the Thai Tapioca Starch Association website has weekly updates:

http://www.thaitapiocastarch.org/

They also have historical data in their "market and statistic" section.

Thanks for the link. I can see the price of Tapioca has gone from 360USD/MT to 420USD/MT over 7 weeks. That's a 17% increase.

Would you know if the price of the roots track the price of the Tapioca. i.e. would the price of the roots have increased by 17% over that period?

I'd say that the increase in price of the tapioca starch is currently following that of the roots, which have more or less doubled since late 2006, from 1000 Bahts/ton to 2000-2200 Bahts/ton today.

Cassava attracts a lot of interest at the moment, I expect prices to rise still a bit more in the next year or two, until supply catches up with demand. Unless demand continues to increase as well, which may happen given the bio-ethanol factories scheduled to start operating in the coming 2-3 years.