Got A D-entry In Lao!

Hi

I got a double entry in lao on the 29th feb, i have a flight leaving thailand on the 24th may going to new zealand for 6 weeks then returning to thailand at the start of july, i was looking at the tourist visa and it says on it that i have to enter by 27 may, does this mean that the second entry is going to be invalid by the time i get back to thailand?

When i got a double entry i thought it would be ok to stay here for the 60 days plus 30 days extension at immigration then go to new zealand for 6 weeks and when i get back to thailand the second entry should start,

Any help on this please ??

sorry mate, but that means your must make your 2nd entry before the 27th May in order to utilise the double entry. If you return to Thailand after that date the visa will be expired.

The Double entry TV is valid for 90days, 60days + 30day extension at Immigration, leave before the 30days is up (in your case prior to the 27th May) do a boarder run, come back over and that activates the 2nd entry of 60days. Then if you wanted you could extend for another 30days at immigration.

Hi

I got a double entry in lao on the 29th feb, i have a flight leaving thailand on the 24th may going to new zealand for 6 weeks then returning to thailand at the start of july, i was looking at the tourist visa and it says on it that i have to enter by 27 may, does this mean that the second entry is going to be invalid by the time i get back to thailand?

When i got a double entry i thought it would be ok to stay here for the 60 days plus 30 days extension at immigration then go to new zealand for 6 weeks and when i get back to thailand the second entry should start,

Any help on this please ??

Yes , you will lose it.

You could always make a border run prior to going to NZ. Then get a re-entry permit prior to going to NZ. Then you would still have two weeks left on the visa which you then could extend when you got back.

Of course by the time you paid for a border run, a re-entry permit it would probably be just a cheap to get a new visa.

Kind of strange that they only gave you 3 months to do both of your entries. I would have thought that they would have given you 6 months.