Any Eagles In Northwest Thailand/burmese Border?

My latest editor/reviewer asks a question I asked in this pet/animal forum two years ago http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...agle&st=120

The only responder said there were white sea eagles in the sea, perhaps out in the Gulf of Thailand. I have written a book which desperately needs brown eagles (or something very close) in the area of Mae Hong Son province near the Burmese border. The bigger raptor, the better. Anybody?

What do the Thais call those big bird statues that are on the front of the royal barges?

I don't know if any eagles but I've heard hotel california a few times in that area.

on a serious note I have seen brown raptor soaring allong the border region and quite a few in Kanchanaburi if its any help

brown eagles (or something very close) in the area of Mae Hong Son province near the Burmese border. The bigger raptor, the better. Anybody?

2337906006_bb9a28f436.jpg

Crested Serpent Eagle. This is the most common eagle in Northern Thailand, large & distinctively marked underneath, easily recognisable

What do the Thais call those big bird statues that are on the front of the royal barges?

Are you referring to Krut or Garuda ? If so these are quite large with a legendary wingspan of 1000's of kilometers!

Perfect!! The Mexican Eagle only reached a wingspan of five meters, but now I can make the ones that come from Burma be legendarily huge.

Crested Serpent Eagle will do fine, thank you. Sounds sinister (my books' eagles are very deadly). Any idea of their wingspan, including the biggest?

the Crested Serpent Eagle's wingspan varies, but a mature adult is between 5 & 6 foot. I can usually see at least one every day around Doi Suthep/Pui..

here's a nice

of one (in India, they're a widespread raptor)

Another Eagle you're very likely to see in Northern Thailand & around Burmese border is the bigger Black Eagle. Last time i saw this one, 2 were soaring atop Doi Ang Kang - very impressive with their long narrow tails.. (again, not an uncommon sight around Chiangmai)

Are you referring to Krut or Garuda ? If so these are quite large with a legendary wingspan of 1000's of kilometers!

Perfect!! The Mexican Eagle only reached a wingspan of five meters, but now I can make the ones that come from Burma be legendarily huge.

I don't think you mean the ones the Thais refer to as 'Hong' --I think these are the big, usually gold, bird things outside Wats etc..bit like giant chicken with long beak.